COLLEY GATE.

Jack00

Hi everyone, and welcome.

Along with my other 9,000 projects ( so it seems ) I have changed polkyth junction, from 00 into N gauge.

purly just to practice weathering, n scale fiddlyness, and somewhere just to 'run' trains on a rainy day!

Its got the name Colley Gate as this is a place near to where i was born in the west midlands. Everything seen there stock wise is central trains, midland, or arriva.

here's a few pictures of what i've been doing today.

post-13209-0-70264900-1328982458.jpg

post-13209-0-34451700-1328982463.jpg

post-13209-0-08521700-1328982467.jpg

post-13209-0-43177800-1328982470.jpg

post-13209-0-08530600-1328982474.jpg

( with a part complete wrexham and shropshire set, see, told you i had alot of projects! )

still a few things to do before the sun-sets, want to give the track a spray with brown enamel spray, amazing stuff very effective on ballest and rails.

Cost so far £3.51 !!!!

So whilst i have the weekend off from work, i will get loads done to the layout. in total its 2.5ft in length by roughly 6in wide. with 'double' mainline section of track. nothing too big and expensive.

Will update as i go along.

Jack.

Looking good, my only concern is the height of the yellow grass, which is too tall unless it's pampas grass. Bushes look good too, lots of posts on here detailing people's n gauge work. I would certainly look at this blog for techniques,

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/22315-adventures-in-code-55/page__fromsearch__1

Quick update. I've done some modifications to 3 of the 4 mk3's, passengers on board, reading newspapers, putting luggage in overhead storage compartments, even a man bashing the motive power, most likely class 67's.

Will upload the pics soon.

Jack.

here's a few shots in the sun :)

post-13209-0-50058300-1329064173.jpg

post-13209-0-78489200-1329064176.jpg

post-13209-0-96166400-1329064179.jpg

Currently building the fiddle yards at each end, so i can finally have somewhere just to 'play trains' and not worry about not being able to fit a full length train in the fiddle yard, this project is so compact i dont have to worry about space! whoop!

This is my favourite project i have on the go, for sure.

Jack.

Just ordered over head line equipment! Colley Gate is officially going electro,

Think having this additional traction choice gives the layout more options and variety. Electric trains... That's a first for me, only ever modelled diesel traction!

Jack.

Yeah was thinking of wolves and new street way.

Wouldn't mind London/midland desiro or pretendalino class 90 and mk3's.

Haha N gauge is great in so many ways but I'm a bit heavy handed when it comes to fine detail, was getting somewhat annoyed with putting in those passengers in the mk3's.

Jack.

Hey

Like the passengers in the carriages and the guard hanging out of the window too. It's a nice touch which seems to be missed (including by myself) more often than not in N gauge.

Good luck with the OHLE. I'll be hoping to 'dabble' with some myself in the future. Some good sparky traction/stock on its way in N gauge at the moment too :D

Regards

Lee

Hi Lee thanks for nice comment :) was looking at your layout yesterday looking great.

Yes i thought I'd give the mk3's another dimension as they looked pretty boring especially the un-weathered ones.

I hope the OHLE goes ok I've never done it before, but like you said sparky loco's propelling stock at 100mph is something a bit "more" than average DMU's and 66's.

Did 92's ever make it in N?

Jack.

No class 92's that I know of I'm afraid. I'm sure they will appear in the near future though as a prominent missing loco in N.

What sort of OHLE have your ordered? is it 'Ready-to-Plant' stock like the Dapol ones or have you braved one on the brass kits that are on the market?

I modelled UK catenary for a rail simulator about 10 years ago, and always found it fascinating, though these days I spend more time cursing it for getting in the way of my photos! LOL.

The GF class 350's are really interesting me atm!

Lee :D

Shame 92's are iconic!

It's those Dapol ones, not brave enough for brass kits, good greif I'll end up bursting blood vessels. Lol.

Yeah I dread having a de-railment, guaranteed I will rip the whole thing down forgetting it's there!

350's look very tempting (£129.99 is alot tho! )

Just realised Dapol do 86's in dummy form like the 67's! Ideal that's just what I wanted then I can double head with the 66's.

Thats this months wage wont stretch far!!

Jack.

Hopefully the WCML is more interesting up north near Stafford! My estate is bordered by the WCML and all I ever get to see is intermodals. Did see a 31 light engine on thursday mind the camera wasn't out in time :(

86614.jpg

See what I mean about the knitting getting in the way!

I see the thunderbird 57s once in a blue moon, but they are camera shy!

Regards

Lee

Hopefully the WCML is more interesting up north near Stafford! My estate is bordered by the WCML and all I ever get to see is intermodals. Did see a 31 light engine on thursday mind the camera wasn't out in time :(

86614.jpg

Regards

Lee

saw the 31 and i take it that the 86 is 86501 (billy no mates) :no:

Archived