EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

A Specific Pacific then? :jester:  :jester:

It always used to be a joke about Sergeant Majors who would say things like, "pacifically speaking".  My favourite was, "there have been pacific allegations, and I want to know who the allegators are..." ;)

• Like 1

Is it not possible to take this up with Ebay? It would seem to be clearly unreasonable feedback from the buyer. Ebay prides itself on the 'trust' aspect of its feedback system as a business tool.

This has happened to me quite regularly by 'thinking' overseas bidders.

RM has recently revised the "small packet" postage size regs -  no doubt due to loads of complaints etc. Assuming a total package was less than 1K in weight it will now go for £3.70 2nd Class recorded. Sometimes it's cheaper to parcel 2 items side by side, rather than one on top of the other - the total weight is the same - but... it's cheaper to post it one way than the other !

HTH 

Edited by tractor_37260

• RMweb Premium

£78 for this !!  OMG - perhaps a visit to spec savers would have been a better option !  Crazy  :O

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-OO-MODIFIED-DRS-BLUE-CLASS-20-308-DIESEL-LOCO-/190994908320?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2c782f04a0

As they say, fools and their money etc...........

It looks like it was painted with a roller.

Edited by Gary H

• RMweb Gold

• RMweb Gold

Am guessing this was bought by a dealer given his score, but £42 + £10 p/p?  Is there a bargain I can't see here?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-DUBLO-/161176673194?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2586e0dbaa&nma=true&si=2HCQfTM02oHFGvgJJR6tb38059s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edit for spelling

Edited by Metr0Land
  • Like 1

A re-paint...but dis any LMS GUVs get transferred to the Southern Region, and painted Green?

Yes, later thin TL couplers added...that must be the "kit" bit! ;)

"Horby"

"New"

"Hornby train br4vep class 423"

All wrong.

Loco...is that a class 31? (lots of choice of manufacturer if so....)

Tri-ang Hornby Mk 2 Coach (SO?)

Mainline or descendants Mk 1 Coach (SK or SO?)

Tri-ang Hornby Mk 1 coach (CK)

so, 2 "units" of the 4 are "Hornby", with the jury still out on the Loco... ;)

Edited by Sarahagain

Am guessing this was bought by a dealer given his score, but £42 + £10 p/p?  Is there a bargain I can't see here?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-DUBLO-/161176673194?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2586e0dbaa&nma=true&si=2HCQfTM02oHFGvgJJR6tb38059s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Edit for spelling

Well, with a Dublo A4, and a lot of early tri-ang including at least one Island Platform Canopy set...I could see a bit of potential there...plenty to play with.

I would be kept busy with that lot! ;)

Edited by Sarahagain

What a waste! This person should be ashamed....

And just how does the train get moved to be scrapped anyway! With a bogie missing....

Probably on sale for another 20 quid somewhere.... ;)

• RMweb Premium

"Horby"

"New"

All wrong.

It looks like a 31 to me aswel, Sarah, Tri-ang-ish / Airfix also. All the lot is about 20 quids worth??

Edited by Gary H

You could get a decent working one for less than that!

Neat idea - "scrape" out the motor, tar and feather the rest and then flog it on eBay. Incidentally, did any 101s get scrapped in green?

You could get a decent working one for less than that!

Neat idea - "scrape" out the motor, tar and feather the rest and then flog it on eBay. Incidentally, did any 101s get scrapped in green?

I think some of the 79000 series that were non-standard were scrapped in green, but not in anywhere near as bad a condition as this.  However the girders are something else!

Tony 

Edited by Rail-Online

• RMweb Premium

They shoot horses don't they?  (Don't tell Horsetan though - he may get upset!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lima-intercity-mk2-coach-weathered-/151189059838?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item233391f8fe

"""This coach would look great dumped in any scrap line."""

Hmm. No mate, it would look great dumped in my dustbin! :mosking:

Edited by Gary H

They shoot horses don't they?  (Don't tell Horsetan though - he may get upset!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lima-intercity-mk2-coach-weathered-/151189059838?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item233391f8fe

"Scrap faded and rusted coach. This coach would look great dumped in any scrap line."

(or, even better, in any wheelie bin or skip - poor thing.)  A 'good' Lima coach isn't worth £15 IMHO (or even £5!).

EDIT

Beaten to it I see! :jester:

I've said it before, but if you really want the odd scrap item (I can't really see why - it occupies valuable space on the layout!), you have to start from a decent model and not some obsolete junk collector's item.

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

"Horby"

"New"

All wrong.

Well it fits the box!

Decided to move on some of my diesel stock as they were sitting around doing nothing and felt it was time to realise some cash.  Needless to say after previous experience I put 'UK Bidders Only Please' clearly in my listings as quite frankly overseas transactions and the vagaries of the Royal Mail means it is far more trouble than its worth.

Cue a message received withing twenty four hours inquiring about shipping costs to New Zealand...   :banghead:

Does nobody bother to read listings properly anymore?  :rtfm:

People have never bothered to read listings properly!

I've not actually had this problem much selling model railway stuff, but when selling computers and parts of it's a regular on - no matter how prominently you put that you won't post out of the UK, you get someone asking how much to post to Nigeria, or Australia, or wherever!

What a waste! This person should be ashamed....

And just how does the train get moved to be scrapped anyway! With a bogie missing....

Probably on sale for another 20 quid somewhere.... ;)

I was under the impression that the engines and various other useful bits were removed before the units were sent for scrap.

I do know that some units held for possible resale were so treated.

He does seem to have established a niche market as his creations have graced these pages on quite a few occasions.

Good luck to him, if he can find enough willing punters to make it worthwhile.

Bernard

Here we have a seller who splits up stuff...Body, Chassis, tender, box....all separate lots.

So...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIANG-OO-SUPERB-EXAMPLE-of-PRINCESS-VICTORIA-FANTASTIC-RUNNER-NO-TENDER-/200992701279?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2ecc193b5f

(Ignore the category of "TRIX", the seller has listed a lot of Trix...)

No, not the Tri-ang version...this is the 1974 Hornby Version...one I haven't got. (and won't at these prices! :O )

No Tender...well, that is a bit of a white lie...the seller has the tender, but wants even more money for it! It is listed a long way down the sellers listings (But I sort of knew it would be there somewhere! ;) )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-OO-SUPERB-EXAMPLE-of-a-PRINCESS-TENDER-WITH-CHUFF-CHUFF-SOUND-/200993066470?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2ecc1ecde6

Not Trix (again) but it IS Hornby...1974 edition...Is this a record for an un-powered Hornby Tender?

No sign of the box or instructions yet! :scratchhead:

Loco £75.00

Tender £35.00

Total £110.00

Not bad..I didn't buy one at £65.00, in box and with the correct instructions! :O

Silly me!

Now have a look at all the locos, Trix Flying Scotsman included, broken up for profit....

The collectors would possibly be happy as it makeds their complete examples "worth" more?

I still think it is a bit sad......