EBay madness

Marcyg

I've tried using the 'link' when posting before but for some reason it wont allow me to, so only way is to add as is and the viewer has to copy and paste, sorry about that.

That's what it went for, but the crux is whether the winning bidder got cold feet about shelling out that much and backed out.

dunno about backed out - BLACKED OUT more like it :O

That simply has to be the sale of the year!

She might have been worth £30 if she'd not been interfered with........

It's not a bad attempt at detailing a Dublo N2, but IMHO it's not really worth the effort. Apart from the serious dimensional errors, there are too many other things to correct.

"Professionally replaced" coupling?????  What does removing a rivet and bolting on a replacement take?

I used the Kitmaster J94 transfers to renumber mine way back* - there are sufficient digits to get a correct number.

* I'd repainted a green LNER version into BR black - obviously I now regret it...

• RMweb Gold

Reckon you could have paid someone to build one for less. Really was just plain bidding fever

It all depends on what quality the build was.

I suspect that it was one of the late Alistair Rolfe's NNK brass kits, which were very well done, so £200+ for each coach is the sort of price that would had to be paid for a proper professional to supply and build one vehicle.

Mind you I'm not saying that this would be worth the money paid without a close look 'in the flesh' or at least some much, much better photos.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wrenn-OO-CORONATION-CITY-DRAWBAR-BOGIE-PONY-TRUCK-with-FIXING-SCREWS-Nr-MINT-/201251027945?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2edb7efbe9

You can get these with the rest of the locomotive attached for not a lot more!  :O :o :no: :no:

(The seller has the rest of the bits listed in the unlikely event anyone is interested......)

Hmm, apparently overseas bidders must wait for postage to be ADDED to the invoice before paying...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mainline-NE-101-Brake-Van-Cat-37140-BOXED-00-HO-/391095398304?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5b0f1a2fa0

Surely for 9,800 quid they throw in the postage??? Bit mean if they won't :jester:

Must be a typo for 98p, which is about what it's worth!  (IMHO!)

70 pieces of steel track in "fair/spares" condition is only worth a trip to the bin!

(I made the mistake of buying a bundle (for 99p) of steel Streamline. My intention was to replace the rail with nickel-silver, then I found out how much it costs!)

70 pieces of steel track in "fair/spares" condition is only worth a trip to the bin!

(I made the mistake of buying a bundle (for 99p) of steel Streamline. My intention was to replace the rail with nickel-silver, then I found out how much it costs!)

You can say that again! :jester: