RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

It's an 'orrible Farish diecast thing. I know, I've got one (body). Perhaps I should put it up! There might be a sucker out there!

At first glance I thought it was two Hornby Halls....

Graham Farish King...it looks like a Hornby Tender though....

Is that a Wrenn Castle?

Quite a mixed bag there...Hornby Dublo (Including the EMU!), Graham Farish OO, LIMA, Airfix (GMR), TRIX (Including the twin tender Flying Scotsman), Wrenn, Playcraft, Even some "Kit-built"!  (Including a "J94";) Merit bits. Dublo Trackside Signs. Superquick. Faller. (etc.)

This lot would be far better sorted out and properly listed...

Th eprice is a bit OTT, but some of the items actually ARE a bit rare....but what is the condition!

At first glance I thought it was two Hornby Halls....

Graham Farish King...it looks like a Hornby Tender though....

Is that a Wrenn Castle?

Might be an early Hornby "King", come to think of it. R078.

The "Castle" looks like an Airfix/GMR one.

• RMweb Premium

Bank transfer only - therefore no comeback.

IMHO mostly tat.

Most of the HD/Wrenn stuff isn't worth a lot.

The TTR coaches are wrong scale if they are the later ones.

There's an Airfix autocoach and a Lima siphon - both common

There might be an odd rarity in there.

The HD EMU, if it's boxed and in good nick, could be worth something.

Keith

According to the seller an offer near that amount has been made  and the seller has had the whole lot appraised------------- by Stevie Wonder  ??

Edited by 40F

'...THIS IS WORTH MORE THAN I AM SELLING FOR...'

This chap should have run for parliament in last week's election - he's a genius!

....This chap should have run for parliament in last week's election - he's a genius!

Given that Dan Jarvis has pulled out of the race to be Leader of the Labour Party, there might still be a job opening there, then.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

'Priced to attract the enthusiast'   15mins to go and all the enthusiasts seem to be in hiding.  Maybe they're using sniping tools and will appear at the last minute?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Lima-Train-set-massive-collection-Engines-Carriages-scenery-job-lot-/151667463827?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item235015d693

Playcraft wagons. Later type with PECO type couplings. Broken brake rod. Swastika removed apparently...

So the Wermarcht (? spelling) had acess to some BR Standard Brake Vans...from the eraly 1950s? ;)

Playcraft wagons. Later type with PECO type couplings. Broken brake rod. Swastika removed apparently...

So the Wermarcht (? spelling) had acess to some BR Standard Brake Vans...from the eraly 1950s? ;)

Time travel - I did check to see if the vendor's name was 'The Doctor' :sarcastichand:

It's an 'orrible Farish diecast thing. I know, I've got one (body). Perhaps I should put it up! There might be a sucker out there!

Farish Kings are collectable, so it might be worthwhile....

This one is Hornby though and the Castle Airfix.

Edited by Il Grifone

Quite a mixed bag there...Hornby Dublo (Including the EMU!), Graham Farish OO, LIMA, Airfix (GMR), TRIX (Including the twin tender Flying Scotsman), Wrenn, Playcraft, Even some "Kit-built"!  (Including a "J94";) Merit bits. Dublo Trackside Signs. Superquick. Faller. (etc.)

This lot would be far better sorted out and properly listed...

Th eprice is a bit OTT, but some of the items actually ARE a bit rare....but what is the condition!

The Dublo EMU is missing the bogie sideframes, which are expensive and hard to find, so it's seriously compromised valuewise. Similarly the Dublo buildings would be worth more, if they hadn't received the attention of a paint brush. I can't see anything else worth much either.

Edited by Il Grifone

'Priced to attract the enthusiast'   15mins to go and all the enthusiasts seem to be in hiding.  Maybe they're using sniping tools and will appear at the last minute?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-Lima-Train-set-massive-collection-Engines-Carriages-scenery-job-lot-/151667463827?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item235015d693

Relisted at £1000 -still rather too high IMHO Try knocking the last zero off? Incidently, since when has a dozen locos been a "massive collection"?

Edited by Il Grifone

This looks like an attempt at a '633' class as rebuilt with a closed cab. The BR unicycling lion is in error, as they were all scrapped by the early thirties. (I still have mine somewhere.....)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Blimey, that is a lot of cash for several boxes of what is realistically landfill....

Personally, I wouldn't have displayed photos of my expensive wares just chucked loosely in tatty boxes like so much scrap.

EDIT finger trouble!

Edited by Il Grifone

From an alternative reality where Operation Sealion was less of a failure.

Not entirely successful either with a censored swastika.