EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Jurassic Turd, that could take over from "Epic Fail".... 

Or at least become a complimentary descriptive of something that wasn't exactly a hit, such as Ghostbusters 2, 

Or a description of some of the RR / Gosturde offerings here

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, petethemole said:

Coprolites? I used to dig them up, though they were Anglo Saxon or Medieval.  I was just going through the motions.

Paleofeces, surely. Coprolites are fossilised.

Sorry for the pedantry; I suppose you have to put up with this kind of sh!t all the time...

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Coprolite is the term used in archaeology for preserved faecal matter.  In the case of our examples, these were found in cess pits that had subsequently been filled with domestic rubbish, predominantly food waste including animal bones.  The combination of chemicals present in the ground water within the pit preserved the faeces by mineralisation, replacing the organic matter with calcium phosphate, which is a form of fossilisation. The results were mostly fragmentary, but complete stools were found.  

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

Paleofeces, surely. Coprolites are fossilised.

Sorry for the pedantry; I suppose you have to put up with this kind of sh!t all the time...

Wherever there's sh!t, there's always some kid has to dissect it with a stick ...

But thanks for the information, we'll stick a flag in it and come back to it later...

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, tommyliam021 said:

I had one of the early Bachmann Manors, probably about 1994, ran like a watch and cost about £50 or a little less. Probably none left now.

Someone is also selling a Bachmann Frilsham Manor "runs but with a definite wobble" for £49.99

I don't know if that's madness or not. New Manors (however wonderful) at £329.00 is more like lunacy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144813864330?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=0Lfuvw-5QGy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=3qkTzGg7QRS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by MrWolf
Scratching ear with foot.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tommyliam021 said:

I think the wires between the tender and locomotive should be a give away it isn't the Dapol version. Dapil have the plug and socket to connect the two. But, then I suppose that is obvious to someone who knows. Though it could catch out someone who doesn't. 

Is it not a case of false advertising?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I had one of the early Bachmann Manors, probably about 1994, ran like a watch and cost about £50 or a little less. Probably none left now.

Someone is also selling a Bachmann Frilsham Manor "runs but with a definite wobble" for £49.99

I don't know if that's madness or not. New Manors (however wonderful) at £329.00 is more like lunacy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144813864330?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=0Lfuvw-5QGy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=3qkTzGg7QRS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Running issues aside I don’t think the Bachmann Manor is a bad model, especially considering it’s age.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tommyliam021 said:

Running issues aside I don’t think the Bachmann Manor is a bad model, especially considering it’s age.

Weren't they the last gasp from Mainline and remotored by Bachmann but still using the strange split chassis set up, I never dismantled mine to find out.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Wherever there's sh!t, there's always some kid has to dissect it with a stick ...

You jest but you're speaking to someone who, being of a certain age, has just done his first bowel cancer screening test. Exactly that.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, PieGuyRob said:

I think the wires between the tender and locomotive should be a give away it isn't the Dapol version. Dapil have the plug and socket to connect the two. But, then I suppose that is obvious to someone who knows. Though it could catch out someone who doesn't. 

Is it not a case of false advertising?

Won't it be stamped Mainline/Bachmann or whatever underneath?, I notice there are no pics of that area.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

You jest but you're speaking to someone who, being of a certain age, has just done his first bowel cancer screening test. Exactly that.

Obtaining the sample prior to dissection and then smearing the dissected portion on a card is also bad...

Health care is often inelegant and undignified!

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I was trying to do my best to achieve humour without dispensing Too Much Information...

More an Awful Warning to those who haven't yet had the privelege...

6 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

, and then sending it through the post!

Mike.

Once it's been smuggled to the letter box and posted, its out of your (well washed) hands!

Its the lab staff who have to process the possibly misunderstod results I feel sorry for....

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Hroth said:

But no one ever trod in any in Jurassic Park....

If I’d had ti deal with a couple of them velocoraptors I might have trod in some, and it wouldn’t have been from the velocoraptors…

• Agree 4
  • Round of applause 2