EBay madness

Marcyg

42 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

It's a new layout that E-bay are trying out. There is a small box marked 'Feedback' on the top right of the page where you can give an opinion on the new layout. I indicated that I was not satisfied and would prefer the old layout.

Ah, I didn't see the feedback thing. Can't say I like the new photo-zoom thing much.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

38 minutes ago, Hroth said:

And like all new software designs, there will be so much invested in them that your feedback will be largely ignored. There certainly will be no reversion to the old design.

There might be a few tweaks to keep the unhappy subdued....

I've just been invited to join their focus group thingy which looks like an exclusive club to moan at them away from the normal forums. Anyone else in this because they're doing it wrong if they want me on the team😂

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Sjcm said:

I've just been invited to join their focus group thingy which looks like an exclusive club to moan at them away from the normal forums. Anyone else in this because they're doing it wrong if they want me on the team😂

Yup. But ignored it as they don't take any notice of blatant fraud listings that get reported so this looked like even more of a waste of time.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Yup. But ignored it as they don't take any notice of blatant fraud listings that get reported so this looked like even more of a waste of time.

I thought it was scam because I've never heard of it and even a search on Google only brought up one thread about it from 2018. So far I've done one survey but I'm thinking of starting an eBay madness thread on the forum😉

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

"A bit of a shed" also comes to mind. It may have a brass chassis, but the mech is little more than a Triang 0-6-0. 

Is it me, or is that boiler not too level?

Yep you're right. Packed up a bit too high at the front and  the whole lot slopes down towards the cab.

Would make a nice 3 rail conversion for me if the decimal point could be shifted a bit, Being a Dublo lad I always think a loco looks ''naked '' without a cab full of motor😉

Regards, Rich

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404597987960?hash=item5e33eb5a78:g:TXkAAOSw47dlRi5Z&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4NF3T45tqI4FyVec32gtQUQUPXrlqvU3j

I nearly spilt me beer reading the detailed description. Quite apart from the bits that are just plain wrong  ''1923/1947'' ?? or ''built to run on the 2 rail system'' when the 3 rail track is staring the writer in the face This is the most sacccharin load of borrox nonsense I've come across.

Cheers all, Rich

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

4 minutes ago, TinTracks said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404597987960?hash=item5e33eb5a78:g:TXkAAOSw47dlRi5Z&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4NF3T45tqI4FyVec32gtQUQUPXrlqvU3j

I nearly spilt me beer reading the detailed description. Quite apart from the bits that are just plain wrong  ''1923/1947'' ?? or ''built to run on the 2 rail system'' when the 3 rail track is staring the writer in the face This is the most sacccharin load of borrox nonsense I've come across.

Cheers all, Rich

Description is all very well, but nowhere does it say "in working order".......£40....Tops..

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, 33C said:

Description is all very well, but nowhere does it say "in working order".......£40....Tops..

In the description he says it's clockwork (which it clearly isn't) maybe he can't find the , non existant, key😁

Rich

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, TinTracks said:

Cheers all, Rich

I suspect that they're using the eBay AI auto bullsh!t generator. It reads like the back page of a Sunday supplement that's trying to sell you one of those instant heirlooms such as the legendary Flying Scotsman cuckoo clock.*

*Other landfill quality nick nacks are available...

• Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

7 hours ago, TinTracks said:

Cheers all, Rich

The 3-rail pickup under the loco is also clearly visible...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

Cheers all, Rich

Apparently it's been written by an AI!

image.png.03f6afc2e7cd7fbbc8bdeeca381a8a10.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

20 minutes ago, ted633 said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266489955865

Another one from everyone's favourite YouTube channel to sink their money into!

Someone bid it up to £106 plus nigh on £4 for delivery...  For a barely functioning loco that even Sam, with his brutal methods, couldn't sort out.

Ebay Madness at its finest!

• Agree 5
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, Hroth said:

Someone bid it up to £106 plus nigh on £4 for delivery...  For a barely functioning loco that even Sam, with his brutal methods, couldn't sort out.

Ebay Madness at its finest!

He must be laughing his ass off at the profit.

1 hour ago, Hroth said:

I'd also add that its probably worth no more than £20 if the X04 is in reasonable condition, though as its been through Sams hands, thats a tad optimistic, so £10?

Like trusting my friend's Dalmatian to fix a Transit van?

IMG_20230923_193059.jpg.173eedad4e85a836935df398eca6f739.jpg

(Ran off with the air intake hose.)

• Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

I'd also add that its probably worth no more than £20 if the X04 is in reasonable condition, though as its been through Sams hands, thats a tad optimistic, so £10?

It's got to have at least ten quids worth of carpet fluff in it, so I think your estimate is a bit low!!

Mike.

• Funny 8

5 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

It's got to have at least ten quids worth of carpet fluff in it, so I think your estimate is a bit low!!

Mike.

Probably enough to weave yourself a genuine 100% nylon loop pile Axminster, guaranteed to never need cleaning or hoovering, only £3.99 / sq.yd.

U

Edited by MrWolf
Add Useless information
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3