EBay madness

Marcyg

What is "handmade" about a Tri-ang clerestory, that looks as if it was dropped on the floor and trodden on?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It conforms to the ebay convention that anyone using the word L@@K in their headline is peddling tat.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Hardly - and it is actually not an original letter but an end paper from the GWR book 'Cathedrals' - carefully obscuring the footnote stating that is what it is.  The BIN price is an absolute rip-off, even if it is a first edition (of which 30,000 were printed) - I paid about 20 odd quid for my copy (a 3rd edition) last year and it is in better condition than that one is described as being in.

• Like 1

"Lineside Fogmans Hut Building+ Foliage *PRO WEATHERED LOOK* Hornby Bachmann etc"

WEATHERED TO THE HIGHEST STANDARDS

Lineside Fogmans Hut Building+ Foliage

Foliage added aswell as figure and weathering

Please note: Only the building is included. The diorama and backdrop its sitting on is not included.

Stunning one off item!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lineside-Fogmans-Hut-Building-Foliage-PRO-WEATHERED-LOOK-Hornby-Bachmann-etc-/400389352965?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item5d3910ae05 

:jester: 

You mean it's not a joke?

If you list items and use a description along the lines of "Pro weathered" are you not leaving yourself wide open to a visit from the tax man?

It will not be a joke then.

Bernard

• Like 1

£12 is the correct price - but for a pack of 3: http://www.ehattons.com/32242/Hornby_R6482_Open_Wagons_in_T_Threadgold_blue_D_R_Llewellyn_red_and_LMS_Loco_Coal_grey_liveri/StockDetail.aspx

But if they're "brand new" why aren't they in a box?

I think that they are a different wagon. The one from Hattons is in the Railroad Range and has plastic wheels and a running board whereas the one list for a pack of three has metal wheels and no running board.

If you list items and use a description along the lines of "Pro weathered" are you not leaving yourself wide open to a visit from the tax man?

It will not be a joke then.

Bernard

He is registered as a 'business seller', so presumably has made his arrangements with HMRC. EBay has been stated as one of their targets......

He has loads of similar 'gems' on sale. Don't all rush......

• RMweb Gold

Don't think Fog Working was very common after the advent of orange overalls. If it was the hut ought to be semi derelict

• Like 1

I cannot believe that anyone uses rare, unique, &c. and especially not L@@K as search terms so why would anyone waste characters on them in their title? This is of course a somewhat rhetorical question.

Second on my list of stupid things written on eBay is in the feedback field where the letter A and a string of +++ appears, which suggests the field need only be two characters maximum for a majority of users.

• Like 1

Don't think Fog Working was very common after the advent of orange overalls. If it was the hut ought to be semi derelict

I know you are all devastated at missing this marvel, but luckily he's got another one!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lineside-Fogmans-Hut-Building-Foliage-PRO-WEATHERED-LOOK-Hornby-Bachmann-etc-/360593623565?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid=222002&algo=SIC.FIT&ao=1&asc=11&meid=5631021384314305767&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=2&sd=400389352965&

I take it he's supposed to be catching a crafty ciggy or something as these huts were only used during foggy weather, which would be a trifle difficult to model!

EDIT

What is it with all these weathered efforts anyway? Isn't anyone capable of modelling any more?

Edited by Il Grifone