The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Take me out television show

winterbournecm

It's not really about finding 'love' on the programme it's about getting ones face on the TV for their 15 minutes of fame and moving on to other things.

Just ask Amanda Holden as she could tell you all about it.

Most of these TV programmes that feature the public are really a waste of time the best examples have got to be Escape To The Country or Homes Down Under.

How many actually buy one of the properties shown ?

That really is dreadful (and cheap to produce ) TV. The numerous channels are full of it.

Guest dilbert

Someone did ask Paddy why they didn't make a reverse show, with 30 men. His reply was pretty straightforward really, and that was because none of the men would ever turn their lights off, and certainly not turn off because of the shoes a woman was wearing.

A slightly daft reply as there are live televised shows called rugby union - another three this w/e. :sungum:

I don't understand the popularity of some of these so-called 'reality' TV shows - it seems that there's a lot of voyeurism ongoing, so if there is a demand out there, it shouldn't be surprising that people from all walks of life, and for whatever reason, will apply to participate... dilbert

I daresay any of the girls with a modicum of intelligence would claim their appearance on the show was ironic. Unless they were blithely honest and said it was to partake in a lottery for 5 minutes of sty TV infamy with a slim chance of winning a day out in the gold-digging seat.

It's a demeaning format for both sexes, cattle market telly that IMHO shreds any credibility Paddy McGuinness may once have had (and that's debatable). Sadly, it's a format that, pretty much unscripted, is played out in all 835 Wetherspoons pubs twice weekly on Fridays and Saturdays, and it is that depressing fact that makes me despair of the courtship rituals of the era, informed as they are by a relentless superficial 'celebrity' chasing herd mentality.

Archived