Bachmann RailExpress 37670

Edinburgh Junction

I think under the warranty though you can still have it repaired by Bachmann within the warranty period free of charge (That is of course if the warranty hasnt been invalidated)

I hope you get it sorted.

Best of luck!

its been lightly weathered and had the detail parts glued on? would that Invalidate its warranty by any chance?

its been lightly weathered and had the detail parts glued on? would that Invalidate its warranty by any chance?

Hi magic_monkey, it'd be worth calling Rail Express a.s.a.p.. They will be the ones who decide, after all. I had problems with the motor/chassis mechanism and that was on a DCC sound one too. I contacted them first by phone and they were very helpful, suggesting to just send back the loco in its packaging and include a note saying what I had and had not sent back in the package. I received my replacement loco the following week. They even refunded me the postage I had paid for insured postage/recorded delivery (£6.70).

Give them a call - with luck they will be able to replace your model. The detail parts are part of the package, so would have thought you may would get a replacement. Best of luck!

Cheers, Ixion.

Hi magic_monkey, it'd be worth calling Rail Express a.s.a.p.. They will be the ones who decide, after all. I had problems with the motor/chassis mechanism and that was on a DCC sound one too. I contacted them first by phone and they were very helpful, suggesting to just send back the loco in its packaging and include a note saying what I had and had not sent back in the package. I received my replacement loco the following week. They even refunded me the postage I had paid for insured postage/recorded delivery (£6.70).

Give them a call - with luck they will be able to replace your model. The detail parts are part of the package, so would have thought you may would get a replacement. Best of luck!

Cheers, Ixion.

that's good news then, i'll give them a ring monday morning and see what they can do :) cheers guys

that might work , although i'm a bit reluctant to customise is too much not to invalidate its warranty. But i'll give it a go

Having spent the best part of 3 weeks taking apart and reassembling Bachmann 37s I can tell you that getting the wipers to work is a bit of an artlaugh.gif One bizarre thing I've discovered is you may have overtightened the end screws - I've found easing them off slightly results in the wipers positioning correctly and all working.

Bruce

Having spent the best part of 3 weeks taking apart and reassembling Bachmann 37s I can tell you that getting the wipers to work is a bit of an artlaugh.gif One bizarre thing I've discovered is you may have overtightened the end screws - I've found easing them off slightly results in the wipers positioning correctly and all working.

Bruce

lol :lol: I'll admit it sounds odd but it just might work :lol: i'll have a fiddle round with the screws now and see what happens, if still no luck then i will have to request for a repair, Ater all the sound model wasn't cheap.

Archived