Bachmann RailExpress 37670

Edinburgh Junction

Hello!

I was just wanting to carry on the topic from the old forum about the RailExpress Modeller (REM) limited edition of a Bachmann 37/5. It is going to be DB Schenker liveried 37670 'St Blazey T&RS Depot' that will be REM's next ltd edition. It is advertised for ??76.95 for the standard DCC ready version, and the DCC fitted sound option, is for ??166.95. Here is what is said on the website:

"DBS 37670

With a delivery date confirmed and prices now set, RE is accepting orders for our next exclusive limited edition ???OO??™ gauge Class 37 model. Read on for details of how to order including an e-mail response option and downloadable form. Don??™t delay, this is sure to be a sought-after collectable!

AFTER MONTHS OF ???behind the scenes??™ negotiations, REM is pleased to reveal that our next exclusive limited edition ???OO??™ gauge model, scheduled for release in March next year, will be a Bachmann Class 37 in the freshly-applied colours of DB Schenker. Having formally obtained an official licence agreement from the Berlin headquarters of the German-owned freight operator to reproduce its logo and colour scheme, we have already started work on the new model with Bachmann. The subject is recently reinstated No. 37670 St Blazey T&RS Depot.

The project is particularly welcome since this magazine campaigned long and hard to win the Type 3 a repaint after its return to traffic in faded and rusty condition. This machine is now a credit to DBS especially when rostered on high profile charter work. It has been widely travelled and can be easily justified on any contemporary layout or as part of a locomotive collection.

Because no new tooling is needed, the model will be produced in advance of a series of Class 37/7 releases already pencilled-in throughout 2010. It will incorporate the improvements introduced with our previous Class 37 releases such as larger bogie brake cylinders. As a new release, wire handrails, opening doors, LED directional lighting and etched roof fan grille come as standard. We will also be supplying top quality etched stainless steel nameplates.

Demand is expected to be high and to reflect this, the model will be branded as a numbered and certificated limited edition of 1,000 pieces. As part of this, we will be offering a factory-fitted DCC sound option if there is sufficient demand. Please order before the end of October in order to make sure this goes ahead. Existing limited edition customers who have ordered the Fastline Class 66 will retain their certificate number. All previous customers will be in receipt of an e-mail or postal communication during the next week.

Prices have been competitively set at ??76.95 for the standard version, with the sound-fitted option pitched at ??166.95. Postage and packing is ??2.95 for any order. As always, payment will only be taken once the product is ready for despatch."

All info, including the order form can be found here at DBS 37670s section on the REM website

I've ordered the normal DCC ready version, and I cannot wait to get it.

It's the stupid company no offence to them but if they refurbish something they would work i no how much effort goes into them to get them out and about and big thankyou to everyone who has put there time and effort into 670 but they've more or less stayed the same for many years 401 seems to be the only survivor at the moment with out major problems.Can't wait for my 670 to turn up though :)

well I don't think it's the 'stupid company'.Face facts - these 37s are life expired and that means it is not economical to refurbish them to a fantastic standard.

Ok they have some charter work still, but it appears they will not be needed on the RHTTs this year.If I was DBS I would see out their charter jobs then ditch them, they are just a liability.

Sorry guys, its hard nosed business acumen !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was looking at the picture of 37670 in the model section of Rail express, it was showing the sandite hopper filler box on the side, however on the Model itself, the filler box is no where in sight.....would have been nice to get a model with the sandite filler box on thr side, what does everyone else think?

• RMweb Gold

I was looking at the picture of 37670 in the model section of Rail express, it was showing the sandite hopper filler box on the side, however on the Model itself, the filler box is no where in sight.....would have been nice to get a model with the sandite filler box on thr side, what does everyone else think?

What model ? - it hasn't been produced yet :wacko:

• RMweb Gold

according to the new december issue of rail express my friend got me at warley it states as they ere closing for press Bachmann delivered the preproduction model to them for final checking before production of it starts so what was seen at warley is a official Bachmann product and not a respray

My emphasis - of course you could always speak to Rail Express - as I did and Phil Sutton assured me they are doing their utmost to get everything right however there may be a trade off between final price and number of changes to the standard model.

• 2 weeks later...

it didn't last long in DBS colours then, not even a year, seems a waste of time repainting it especially with 419

Its not been 'WNXX' yet so there still hope in it could come back a miracle but does anyone no whats happened to 419 is it still being fixed at crewe or what as much as I no is its still at the EMD were as several other class 60s and 37670/406 have been moved to the the DMD, what I did notice while I was at Crewe yesterday is some of the 56s have gone from the DMD does anyone no there were abouts? as it is confusing a lot of people :)

Its not been 'WNXX' yet so there still hope in it could come back a miracle but does anyone no whats happened to 419 is it still being fixed at crewe or what as much as I no is its still at the EMD were as several other class 60s and 37670/406 have been moved to the the DMD, what I did notice while I was at Crewe yesterday is some of the 56s have gone from the DMD does anyone no there were abouts? as it is confusing a lot of people :)

the red duo 37419+37670 have had it and neither of them will be back. 37401 is also looking dubious apparently as well now

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived