Bachmann RailExpress 37670

Edinburgh Junction

So they cant be fixed on or even have an overhaul to work again then??Anyway I have mine on order and cant wait for it.

ATB

James

37419 has had a lot of work done at Crewe and still in side the shed so don't rule that one out yet I think it would be very rare to see 670 back as apparently its completely empty with all the parts taken out the same with 406

• 1 month later...

Just spoken to the lovely lady at Rail Express

Paid for mine, being despatched towards the end of the week biggrin.gif

Better get some elyptical buffers just in case

Please Bachmann do 419, pretty please biggrin.gif

lol doubt it when its spent its whole DBS era in the repair shed :lol:

they already did it in EW&S aswell

So they cant be fixed on or even have an overhaul to work again then??Anyway I have mine on order and cant wait for it.

ATB

James

Its not so much that they can't be fixed or overhauled, its that it would cost too much money to repair them when they are not vital to DB Schenker's rail freight business. The only reason they have been kept running is because they have unique characteristics that make them suitable for small time work such as railtours and the occasional enterprise moves. The class has route availability for just about anywhere on the network so they are only really required when a 66 cannot do the job. They do provide DBS with a bit of money on the side from hiring them out to railtour company's but sometimes they end up costing DBS more money in repairs than what DBS can charge for their hire, Not too mention they fail quite often and have to be recovered before they cause chaos on the network.

These machines can be repaired/overhauled to a Fantastic standard as we have seen before from the skilled engineers at Barrow hill and i suppose the Red Duo are in good nick considering most overhauled 37's are at deaths door before they undergo repairs. But at the end of the day everthing in life comes down to money and hopefully even if DBS are done with them they will eventually be sold on and find work under DRS or WCRC perhaps....

• RMweb Gold

Mine has just arrived

Phil did say he was expecting to get them sorted and starting to send out for mid last week so it looks like he did ! - hopefully mine will arrive soon - Widnes is getting setup this weekend and a nice DBS 37 wouldn't look out of place B)

• RMweb Gold

My little red tractor arrived in scotland today. Its a credit to Bachmann and rail express its a crackin model and has etched name plates included too

Stop it - you're making me jealous :angry: :lol:

The Eagle has landed...biggrin.gif

However had to take body off and tweak contacts for nose end lighting at one end.

She's currently keeping the ATW 57 company, pictures to follow.

No surprise to find one on ebay. The vultures will continue to circle where they be LimitedEd's

Pictures to follow

PS I take it Bachmann Class 66 buffers will be OK to replace the Oval buffers ??

Hi everyone,

The postman rang the bell at 7am today with a box from REX containing 37 670. I know I ordered as soon as I heard about it but didn't think I'd be amongst the first to get one but having not got in from work long and with a dying camera battery I thought you might like a quick shot of mine sat at Rannoch (sorry to tease Dave but it will be worth the wait if yours hasn't turned up today!) Paint finish is superb and runs very smoothly - I must admit I am glad REX pushed to get the brake actuators enlarged on the bogies as it does make a real difference to the look of the bogies. Anyway really pleased with mine - not had chance to get many new locos yet this year so I have been looking forward to getting this one. Heres a quick photo,

post-6863-126989250842_thumb.jpg

post-6863-126989253653_thumb.jpg

Well done and thanks to the Phil and the team at REX on another top limited edition model! Loadhaul 37's next

Thanks,

Mark

Archived