Lining Out

Atso

Hi all,

I found some half finished Gresley repaints I'd started about two years ago. As I've just found by bow pen again I thought I'd spend some time lining them out. After a couple of hours heres the results, they look better in the flesh - please be kind this is N gauge!

2012-02-25202048.jpg

The front two are Dapol bodies and the rear two are Minitrix...

Thanks guys,

Yes Rob, the pen is getting some use. I've found it is very good on lining beading as I can set the pen to the width of the beading and us it to draw a straight line. Otherwise I'm not very good with it and have not been able to use it yet for lining anything on the 'flat'. Any suggestions?

Kris, thanks for the kind words, I find lining these coaches very relaxing! I'm not up to 2mm fine scale yet but eventually, who knows!

Thanks for the comments guys.

I can draw straight(ish) lines with the ruler method my problem is convincing the paint to leave the pen and flow onto the model. Thinning the paint even slightly changes the delivery from nothing to a great puddle on paint on my work! I'm using enamels (I don't have many acrylic paints) and while I can draw lines onto the beading I can't draw them on anything else! :mad_mini:

Moving on...

I've found another two part complete repaints which will need to be lined. Also I've found parts for another three coaches which suffered from my early 'ham fisted' efforts and for some reason seem completely unaffected by my efforts to strip them back to their bases. As two of them are damaged anyway I think this would be a good time to dust off the card cutting machine and knock up some cheap cardboard bodies to use the chassis and roofs! I'm thinking here some end vestibule thirds and a composite just to give something different.

I've now got 24 (including the three damaged ones) 'standard' Gresley's and I am now aware that I don't have any pre-grouping stock to show a varied variety of stock - especially the old six wheel stock (NGS stove R chassis perhaps?)... hmmm... thinking cap on!

Archived