Why does nobody like me ?

• RMweb Gold

Having looked at my profile I notice that I have still only got one star, so I am going in to another sulk.

Ed

You've got more than me then, I haven't got any. What do stars signify?

Andi

Ironic isn't it that some of the most 'liked' postings on the entire forum are in this thread :P

Chaps, I think we've invented a new sort of internet pest - the 'thank whore'... :rolleyes:

PS. Hope you like this as well... :) :unsure: :blush:

You've got more than me then, I haven't got any. What do stars signify?

Andi

They mean that someone has looked on your profile and given you a rating out of five. Doesn't mean that you're great or worthless, just that someone somewhere likes you enough to make the effort to do that.

They mean that someone has looked on your profile and given you a rating out of five. Doesn't mean that you're great or worthless, just that someone somewhere likes you enough to make the effort to do that.

And you automatically get a star for a post when five "likes" have been logged up? When I got a gold star for one of mine, I couldn't wait to run home and show it to me Mam!

• RMweb Gold

I had a look on your profile, halfwit, and really couldn't see where to "rate" you. That said, I have to admit the speed of BabyDeltic's "promotion" to multiple stars - entirely deserved as I believe it to be, of course! - reeks of someone sitting in a backroom going slowly through profiles and awarding gongs as he/she goes. It's a kind of Creeping Oscars, really. I'm sure we'll be told.

Way back in 2009 I started a thread about a new language and it occurs to me that we need a word for people who are canvassing for 'likes' and 'stars' so they can glow in the warmth that someone, apart from their Mam, thinks enough of there missives to award them these accolades.

Suggestions are sought and I will start the ball rolling with 'starlickhoe' which is 'star' 'like' and 'whore' suitably engineered to be less offensive on this, a public site and before the watershed.

Way back in 2009 I started a thread about a new language and it occurs to me that we need a word for people who are canvassing for 'likes' and 'stars' so they can glow in the warmth that someone, apart from their Mam, thinks enough of there missives to award them these accolades.

Too late; I've just given you a star rating. I do have other sound and quantifiable reasons for doing so though. :laugh:

Oh, dear... "Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, think I'll go and eat worms... "

You don't have to go off and munch worms now, because I've just given you five stars......... oh....you've already started....... in that case, don't talk with your mouth full.

Archived