Modelzone Being Greedy?

melmerby

Well in Modelzones defense, they are now having a sale. I got a Bachmann double track AHB crossing for 12.99. Hattons are not even close to that, plus there would be postage on top too!

Further to my post yesterday I have just bought from Holborn Graham Farish (371-587) Blue Class 46 D186 reduced to £41.75.

• RMweb Premium

And 15% off full price Hornby at Holborn this Bank Holiday weekend.

If you look at some of the major "box shifters" or model shops, such as Hattons or Kernow, you will find that discounts of greater than 15% are typical at all times of the year.

There are certain shops that are consistently too expensive, despite the occasional sale. It's up to the individual if you wish to give them your custom.

Jeff

My local modelzone store has a very good range of Bachmann. They supposedly took Plymouths stock as they dont normally sell it.

I normally just go in for the stuff on offer. its good for paints and airbrush cleaner etc too but its a gamble as to whether theres anything i want.

Paul

If you look at some of the major "box shifters" or model shops, such as Hattons or Kernow, you will find that discounts of greater than 15% are typical at all times of the year.

There are certain shops that are consistently too expensive, despite the occasional sale. It's up to the individual if you wish to give them your custom.

Jeff

I was indeed being slightly sarcastic when I mentioned the 15% discount during the Bank Holiday weekend.

However I have had some good bargains from there (Holborn branch). Aside from todays half price Farish Class 46, the Hornby 2004 NRM Flying Scotsman reduced to £76 last summer was particularly noteworthy. (Would be interested to know how it compares to this years NRM release?)

And it is my 'local model shop'.

HI

I do not have a modelzone anywhere near where i live ,but i do have two model shops near me .

One shop the prices are very good and the other one not , i was in the not so one a few weeks ago and noticed that he had put his prices up!.

I not mean by a few pounds ,but higher than the RRP ,this was on all Bachmann and Hornby stock .

Even on old Hornby stock had shot up in price , when i did ask him why the old Hornby stock had gone up (as i throught it was only on new stock)Blame Hornby, i was told.

So it looks like i will not be going back there to buy anything , I know the RRP is just a guied of what to cahrge ,but £10-£20 more on a loco is taking the .......

Darren

Archived