Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

• RMweb Premium

And how obtrusive is the wall support mate?

15'6 for the shortest length is still pretty large; the scenic section of Bacup is 13'6 long ! It's more than enough to get the curves from the fiddle yard into the station in, including a viaduct (or two) and the recesses will provide ample space for operating / viewing / access wells.

What I could do with that much space............

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Oh, you don't need a garden just yet, or for that matter to unpack your boxes - just the ones with the baseboard-making tools…

Chainsaw, nail gun, crane to lift the wood into place......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

You lot are terrible! What's a poor boy to do? Tree surgery? Crane-logging? How about a bit of modelling?

Fire just installed, off to B&Q to buy a few items.....

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

You lot are terrible! What's a poor boy to do? Tree surgery? Crane-logging? How about a bit of modelling?

Fire just installed, off to B&Q to buy a few items.....

Jeff

Jeff,

It's the wrong day for the discount.  Oh sorry, you are not old enough for the 'Old Farts' card.

Logs?

I hope Jeff's not wasting money on LOGS, surely he can just burn the off cuts from the baseboard subframes, that should see him through a winter or 2!!

Hope you get settled in quickly Jeff, looking forward to more PICS, be they garden or bunker.

Evening all, well in a post some Months back, (I'm sure Jeff will find it) I did say that it will rain, and so buy in the timber for the Bunker as well so at least he could start on something constructive this weekend.

Pics of the Bunker on Monday then Jeff?

Bodge.

Jeff you can some of these logs they won't mind a few going missing

Nice one Mark. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Bodge

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening all, well in a post some Months back, (I'm sure Jeff will find it) I did say that it will rain, and so buy in the timber for the Bunker as well so at least he could start on something constructive this weekend.

Pics of the Bunker on Monday then Jeff?

Bodge.

Nice one Mark. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Bodge

Hi Andy.

I've already taken plenty of pics, ready to post.

Should be able to post a batch on Monday - internet connection happening then.

In the meantime it's a case of make-do with the phone.

Good to see you in chirpy form, Andy.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Jeff, you NEED to get KL2 built and quickly as I was lucky enough to be given three Stanier coaches (all with Comet sides, including a very nice porthole one) which means that for the next visit, we have an 11 coach train. I put the rake together on Bacup and it looked daft as the station holds six coaches (at a push; I had to compromise somewhere).

So as you can see, it is imperative that you forget the silly garden and get on with what is important; building a layout to watch your Brit / Jubilee / Patriot haul a full length train.

P.s. I will also need another storage box for freight stock built since the last visit.

• Like 5

Jeff, en-route to Cornwall from Somerset this morning so brief best wishes on all the tasks you and brother are no doubt enduring. Like Andy, can't wait to see more pics, so I'll certainly be looking in on Monday,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• RMweb Premium

G'day guys....

Carpets being fitted at the mo. The downstairs of the house demonstrates the downside of concrete floors. A killer on the feet and so dusty. No furniture at the mo so a bit of a pain!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Jeff, you NEED to get KL2 built and quickly as I was lucky enough to be given three Stanier coaches (all with Comet sides, including a very nice porthole one) which means that for the next visit, we have an 11 coach train. I put the rake together on Bacup and it looked daft as the station holds six coaches (at a push; I had to compromise somewhere).

So as you can see, it is imperative that you forget the silly garden and get on with what is important; building a layout to watch your Brit / Jubilee / Patriot haul a full length train.

P.s. I will also need another storage box for freight stock built since the last visit.

Behave yourself!

I am very keen to get KL2 underway, but equally want to get some brick-laying started.

Must admit, though, that the thought of a 12 or 16 yard fiddle yard full of stock (no doubt YOU would fill it) is enticing!!

Hard to believe KL2 will be in the garage - stuffed full of boxes at present witgmore on the way.

Jeff

• Like 3

Hi Jeff,

Seems all is going well at 'Luneside Towers', Andy was / is right - you should have got that 6x4 in for KL2 supports in case of rain, if not those old boxes will do as a temporary support for now! :jester: Come on - you know you want to!

• RMweb Premium

When do the BEDS arrive? hope you remembered the Kettle and Loo rolls, :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: hahhaha

Bodgey poo :O

No beds but all carpets are in, 2 TVs set up along with 2 hi-fi systems. Just having my tea (supper to some).

Bunker partially emptied. Will take photos tomorrow and post a batch on Monday.

Jeff

Ps. Loo rolls - yes!!

• Like 5