D & S Kits GER Sundry Van

Hi,

Just a point re the vents in the sides - I think they would be backed, by something like perforated zinc, to keep the bugs out bat still allow ventilation.

If so they are not 'see through', but some black plasticard held away from the inside of the sides with some scraps, naturally all inside, would do the job.

There was an article and plans in the Model Railway Constructor in Jan 1986 on these vans ; the Yeast van has different sides - from that article.

• RMweb Premium

I found a copy of the Hawkins & Reeve book on 'the Wisbech & Upwell Tramway' on ebay. It arrived today & has 4 pictures of trains with 'Sundry vans' in fruit trains on the tramway, including van 6190, although their role as offices in the goods yards is not mentioned. It includes the 'postcard view' shown in the last post with 2 vans in a train.

Dava

• 1 year later...

Going back quite a while there was mention of D&S kit horse boxes. Although i have a drawing I have not been able to find a kit of Diagram 191 LNER horse box which I have pictures of at Hither green(Although allocated to the eastern region) Can anyone help in a quest to obtain at least 6 of the kits if they are still being made by someone las HELP All the best Ron

Archived