Falmouth Society of Railway Modellers

D820

Many thanks for the good wishes. For information, the website has now been updated with progress on our 'Titfield' layout and a selection of members' layouts.

• 1 month later...

After a successful few months, we have completed the base boards for Titfield and we are now ready to start work on track laying. We have also gained some new members, so we are looking forward to a bright future. The website has been updated with our layout progress and there's more to be added soon. Please have a look at the website at:- http://fsrm.weebly.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

With track laying in the scenic section complete and the skeleton track in the fiddle yard nearly complete, I have added some pictures to the website. Next job is the start wiring up and install the sector plates.

• 1 month later...

More progress has been made on Titfield, and of course another update to the website. The sector plates, complete with track are now in place. Wiring will start this week. Construction of the station building and platform are well underway, which is just as well, given we are planning a small exhibition in November, more about this very shortly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

A bit of an update, Titfield is making good progress and we will be exhibiting it at the Hayle exhibition in August.  Three of our members' layouts will be on show at the Hayle club's May exhibition.  More details on their website:

www.haylemrc.org.uk/

Meanwhile our own website has been updated with pictures from our Easter running evening:

http://fsrm.weebly.com/

• 4 weeks later...

A few more pages added to the site, including updated pictures of Royksopp, the addition of Ian Cavill's winter snow scene layout, our Pannier event and a link to the driver's eye view of Titfield. 

• 1 month later...

One or two updates to the site, mainly due to Stubby47's photos of 'Elcho' at the Hayle exhibition.  Thanks Stubby47 for blowing my cover....

Elcho now appears on the members' layout pages. 

• 2 months later...

BREAKING NEWS!  

We have been fortunate to obtain a permanent meeting venue in central Falmouth, literally five minutes from the town centre.  We will be moving in over the next week or two, so keep watching our website for further updates. 

• 1 month later...

Well, we have moved!  We are now based in the Athenaeum Club near Kimberly Park, five minutes from the town centre.  I have also updated the website with yet another member's layout, a Western/Midland region model based in the Chester area called Birch Hill.  With the move out of the way, we can now look forward to pre Christmas show on Saturday 30th November.  More information on the website.

Well, we have moved!  We are now based in the Athenaeum Club near Kimberly Park, five minutes from the town centre.  I have also updated the website with yet another member's layout, a Western/Midland region model based in the Chester area called Birch Hill.  With the move out of the way, we can now look forward to pre Christmas show on Saturday 30th November.  More information on the website.

Great news for the club Nigel. I spent many a night with my late uncle in the Athenaeum Club in Falmouth Good luck with the Show will try and make it to Falmouth if I can for the Show.

Nigel

• 1 month later...

As we approach our second anniversary (& AGM), we are looking forward to our second pre-Christmas exhibition.  We have started work on the baseboards for our next layout and work is progressing on our N-gauge project.  The website has also been updated with some photos of Titfield transported into London Transport territory for an evening. 

• 1 month later...

We have updated the website with some pictures from our pre Christmas show.  We have added some modelling pages, with various projects covering wethering, building an EPB and some scratch building.  Birch Hill has also had some more photos added.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

It's not everyday that a model railway society gets a mention in The Times, but we've managed it.  We were really surprised to see our society name in Alistair Osborne's article about Network Rail CEO Mark Carne, who is also an independent director at Falmouth University.  All we can say is, if Mr carne ever visits us, he'll be made most welcome.  See the article here.  If you have trouble viewing it, Google have a cached version.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We will be holding another open day on Saturday 8th October 2016 at The Athenaeum Club, Falmouth.  The details are in the exhibition section and on the website and entry is free!  We have found these type of events are an excellent way to promote our society and the hobby, providing an informal enviroment to come along and have a chat about all things railways.

Archived