Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to Trevor Peat and the team at the Elizabethan Railway Soc for a great show at the weekend, they always make us feel so welcome.

Some pics from the Show.

Firstly thanks to my team, from L to R Myself, George T, Peter BB, both of this Parish and lastly Mike.

More later,

Bodgit :sungum:

Great layout Andy, shame about the 4 mis-fits standing behind!

The new owner certainly now has a cracking layout!

What's next ?

Cheers Richard and Ray, thanks for the nice comments.

I have been around and set T up in its new home this afternoon, tested the locos and and said a fond farewell.

As for my next project, I will now concentrate on Fiddlers Yard, its first outing will still be a work in progress on 30th Nov / 1st Dec at our Clubs open weekend.

I then have a few Class 50's, 47, 20 and 25;s in Blue to find a home for, I feel an Apple Lane or Pear Tree Road MPD coming on, (cue, Orchard Road copy, hahhaha) :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: .

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

I then have a few Class 50's, 47, 20 and 25;s in Blue to find a home for, I feel an Apple Lane or Pear Tree Road MPD coming on, (cue, Orchard Road copy, hahhaha) :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: .

I don't know about that - copyright and all that!

Just kidding, that's what all seem to do, is to take inspiration and ideas from other layouts, then adapt to suit our own needs.

Nice to see that Orchard Road has inspired others in their own modelling.

Anyway, my new layout Acacia Avenue is heavily inspired by another layout and Orchard Road similarily inspired by Hendre Lane ....

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Great Layout. Enjoyed the layout tour video very much especially as I don't get to shows with british layouts. I'll slowly work my way through all your layout threads over the weekend they're great!

My layouts are in storage at present meaning that I can't attend the local show this year but it will give me a chance to chat with the other exhibitors for once.

Regards Shaun.

• 1 month later...

Hi Andy, I've just finished looking through the threads on St Budoc and Trebudoc. I just wanted to say thank you, I was looking for some inspiration and ideas on a small layout to work on. Those have done the trick and given me some very good pointers. Thanks again.

Ron

Andy. Quick question, where did you get the "Rmweb operator" sign from seen in the photo above?

Or is it a home brew?

Looks smart

Jack

Hi Jack, it was from the RM Web open day at Stafford a couple of years ago, Andy Y was going to try and get some more done for members who exhibit layouts that are on here so it may be worth asking the question.

I wouldn't mind if I had to pay a small price PLUS postage as they are good quality plastic and a good advert for RM Web.

Andy :sungum:

• 3 months later...

Hi Andy. I have just come upon your thread which is really excellent . Its funny, I'm a Derbyshire lad in Plymouth modelling LMS and you are Plymouth lad living in Derbyshire modelling GWR! :scratchhead:

Hi Nick, I bet you don't know where the Trebudoc name comes from do you.

Well I was born in St Budeaux, Plymouth, and in doing some research I found out that the area was founded  by a French Monk and its original name was St Budoc (the name I gave to my first O Gauge Layout). It then went through many name changes to end up with St Budeaux.

As I had used St Budoc, and I still wanted a Devon / Cornish name, (I hadn't decided on the exact location of said Layout at that stage) I simply put a Tre at the front to form Trebudoc.

I may well sell all my Midland Stock do another West Country Layout one day as I love the little Prairies and Panniers.

Who knows! it may end up being TLGP, :O watch this space. :no:

Bodge :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I fully understand why you sold Trebudoc and the need to be rational about your stock, however that accepted Trebudoc was one of your best and I think George enjoyed doing the station building.

Don

• Like 1

Hi Don, and yes George did enjoy building the Station and Signal Box. He has been on the Dog and Bone again this evening asking when WHEN  were going to do another joint project. :O

He made such a good job of it that he now has a lot to live up to.

Andy York did such a wonderful job with pics as well and that helped set the layout apart.

My pics that I took for the Railway Modeller article in October last year were good by my standards but with Andy's added smoke and background it just enhanced it that bit more.

Another Branch Terminus?

We will see.

Bodge :sungum:

• 5 months later...

Why have i never seen this layout!, totally amazing , great scenery and videos with some nice attention to detail, very well done. Bet was sad to see it go.

Hopefully nab some ideas for my layout.

Good luck with any future layouts mate.

Hi, Thanks for your kind comments, I was sad to see it go and there will eventually be a replacement but in OO after I have finished Project Bitton, I have the stock in OO for a Little Trebudoc  one day maybe,, I'd better chat to George hahahha.

Bodge.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Wow great photos. I love the shot of the 45 at the platform. Typical of small branches at the end of steam - no passengers in sight. Fortunately the sound of the loco just sitting there with the blower gently keeping the fire going is something I haven't forgotten. I can hear the loco with the sounds of the doors and all the miscellaneous noises of a small station. Good pictures evoke so much more. This layout is the one that drew me to admire your work Andy.

Don

Wow great photos. I love the shot of the 45 at the platform. Typical of small branches at the end of steam - no passengers in sight. Fortunately the sound of the loco just sitting there with the blower gently keeping the fire going is something I haven't forgotten. I can hear the loco with the sounds of the doors and all the miscellaneous noises of a small station. Good pictures evoke so much more. This layout is the one that drew me to admire your work Andy.

Don

Thanks Don, check out the Video's as listed in the title for SOUNDS, but alas no smell.

Hi Andy,

Simply marvellous!..............Marvellous layout photographed marvellously!

Better make sure Bitton exceeds the above standards or there will be questions! And I don't want to hear any of those 'O' -v- 'OO' excuses okay! :jester: