Trebudoc in O Gauge, Videos, page 28, 29, 31 to 33 + 36

Andrew P

georgeT (PS) Do you want this station building fixed to the platform ?

Not sure yet mate, that will depend on how the layout will box together for transportation, It would be better if it stayed on the layout as less damage than keep putting it in and out of a box to go to shows.

• RMweb Premium

Andy, the photos of Derek's layout are really good. I'm not surprised you want George to build something similar for you.

Btw, if you look on KL, you'll see that you are very popular and an intrepid band of travvelers may be heading your way! Lol.

Jeff

Andy, the photos of Derek's layout are really good. I'm not surprised you want George to build something similar for you.

Btw, if you look on KL, you'll see that you are very popular and an intrepid band of travvelers may be heading your way! Lol.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, looks like there is a coach load coming down then :O :o :O :o :O :o I will sort out the deck chairs and tea bags.

Hi Andy, We will have to get our heads together to get the right station for Trebudoc, if YOU buy me a coffee at Warley, l will bring the pen and paper, hows the track laying going on at Trebudoc ?

Looking forward to playing, (oops) sorry l mean operating Trebudoc with your new SOUND O' gauge, great stuff'

georgeT

Hi Andy, We will have to get our heads together to get the right station for Trebudoc, if YOU buy me a coffee at Warley, l will bring the pen and paper, hows the track laying going on at Trebudoc ?

Looking forward to playing, (oops) sorry l mean operating Trebudoc with your new SOUND O' gauge, great stuff'

georgeT

BUY YOU A COFFEE :O you must be joking :no: I am a porper, I have no money, I have holes in my shoes and cant even afford a razor blade, BUT I DO HAVE A COUPLE OF TASTY SOUND LOCOS so that o.k. then, hahahheeeeee :O

If you want a cup of coffee at Warley at their priceses it may work out cheaper to buy a Skytrex one, hahahahheee :locomotive:

The skeleton for the platform is now in place, and I have to just double check for level and to ensure the are no blobs of glue sticking up that will stop the top surface going down flat. The top surface in the last pic is not fixed down as yet as I want to weather the stone faces first.

post-9335-0-55047200-1353178457_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-34494100-1353178481_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-36604200-1353178502_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Is that 3mm MDF you've used there, Andy? This is the same kind of skeletal arrangement I'll use on KL. The system is very adaptable and works well. Did you use PVA to glue it together or your hot-glue gun?

Nice to see progress!

Jeff

Hi Andrew,

If you are going to use 'No Nails', I would suggest that you use the

interior grade.

2 reasons, it is solvent-free [no nasty fumes inside] and it is [iMHO]

easier to use, ie doesn't 'skin' so easily.

Also, try 'Sticks Like' by 'Evostick', very good.

Jeff

Hi Andrew,

If you are going to use 'No Nails', I would suggest that you use the

interior grade.

2 reasons, it is solvent-free [no nasty fumes inside] and it is [iMHO]

easier to use, ie doesn't 'skin' so easily.

Also, try 'Sticks Like' by 'Evostick', very good.

Jeff

Thanks for this Jeff, I have used interior grade No Nails and it has stuck like mad.

O.K. some pics from last night and this morning,

First the walling along the platform side were fitted and weathered and then checked for level.

The top was then checked and fitted with interior grade No Nails, weights were then left overnight to secure the top

The platform will next be treated, I am working from a painting I have hanging over the layout, this shows a sandy covered surface with a white stone edging, this is painted in GWR days so I need to see if this surface lasted into BR days.

post-9335-0-61890100-1353237211_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-10806300-1353237235_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-31567600-1353237259_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-10730600-1353237280_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-90498600-1353237303_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Next job to do now is the wiring, This evening I have fitted a microswitch, (Peco PL33) into the new point at the platform headshunt and wired the rails so that the do not rely on the blade contact for current collection. I have also started to put in some dropper wires for track feeds. I will need to wire in a 5 DIN plug and socket to conect the two boards electrically, a pair of track feeds, and three wires for the pair of points wired together on the station board for the run round loop. once it is wired and tested I will weather the track and then have a think about starting the balasting.

More pics to follow soon I hope, Andy.

Cheers Ray and Ian, the platform surface is still a puzzel, I have seen pics of sand, ash, paving slabs and Tarmac so I am confused as to which to go for as it is a small country branch.

As for the curve in the platform, well it is not as much of a curve as I originally wanted, I hoped for a long curved platform but it just did not fit. I marked it out by placing the track in place and ten running a ruler from the furthest rail to mark the surface.

Hi George, well it will be some while before I get T running as I need to work out the electrics, I want to keep it simple, and involves a bit of thought first. I will hopefully get some ideas at Warley on Sunday.

Have a look at Wencombe on here as I would love to do that in O Gauge once I have moved house and Trebudoc has finished with exhibitions.

Thanks again Andy.

George T is going to make my Station Building, and so I have made a mock up ready for George to take back home to Hazel Grove, Stockport, on Sunday Night after our day out at Warley. I have taken basic dimensions from the invertrains building to get the apex and depth right, I have changed the length as the two Invertrains ones are 190mm and about 330mm so I have pulmmed for 260 as I felt the shorter one looked to stumpy and the larger one dwarfed the platform surface. It will need a canopy and I am not to sure about the Toilet Block. I would be grateful for any comments so far and some advive as to which finnish would look best for South Devon,i.e Grey Stone, Redish Stone, Red Brick or a Flint. I am still struggeling to decide which platform surface to go. fo.r

post-9335-0-05476900-1353532451_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-27140300-1353532474_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33722900-1353532495_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-89911300-1353532521_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46953300-1353532549_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-43292800-1353532579_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Morning all,

Hi Imsforever, yes wrapping the canopy over the toilet block does seem like a good idea, I like that. :stinker: And I think you are right about Slabs and Ash, as for the slabs I think I am just either lazy or in too much of a hurry to get it finished. :nono:

Hi Alan, (Westerner) Yes I do keep going back to Wencombe, now both in here and Railway Modeller, I have disposed of all my Southern / Wester Region OO models in favour of Midland, Eastern and GCR types that were in this area, but, as a Devon bloke I still keep looking and thinking, WHAT IF, as Ian Futers says. Maybe one day I will see the light :no:

Hi Don, Thanks for your input, I have a few pictures of Staverton taken a couple of years back when I went on the SDR, unfortunately I did not have time to get off the train and have a photo shoot, having got to Totnes I wish I had stayed at Staverton as there seemed to be a lot more there. I will look in my Preservered Railways photo archives and see what I did manage to shoot from the carrige window :scratchhead:

Cheers all and this is what the web is all about, helpfull hints and tips, Thanks again, Andy. :locomotive:

Edited by Andrew P

Hi Andrew,

Interesting developments, I have been watching progress with interest. I am also considering looking to possibly add a platform and station building to my 0 Gauge layout. A similar amount of surgery as to your layout would be required though but I quite fancy the idea of being able to run a dmu back and forwards to the fiddle yard.

Alan.