Wrexham & Shropshire MK3's

St. Simon

i believe the first set is pretty imminent, possibly the next few weeks, it will be doing "shadow runs" in between the regular service, there is only one 67 with door controls at the minute though and that so ive been told is currently out of service!

Will it be possible for the guard to operate the doors from within the carriages?

• RMweb Gold

weve not been trained on them yet but i elieve (i use that phrase a lot in this thread) that yes the guard an operate the doors otherwise if you had a 67 without door controls you couldnt open them, it would need an additional jumper fitting to the set though to completethe door circuit

• 1 month later...

weve not been trained on them yet but i elieve (i use that phrase a lot in this thread) that yes the guard an operate the doors otherwise if you had a 67 without door controls you couldnt open them, it would need an additional jumper fitting to the set though to completethe door circuit

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36593372@N04/7183579534/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36593372@N04/7183565432/in/photostream/

The first set has arrived!

• RMweb Gold

Looks great,

Have been playing with the official artwork for these for 3-4 months now, but wondered why they don't want to carry the grey linking line across the bottom of the coaches to link the 67 and the DVT.

Talking to CR a couple of months back they had no plans to paint the DVT and 67 to match the coaches, which is a shame. :-(

Mind you having the artwork for the DVT in blue/white for almost 2 years, that was a livery that I shall regret not seeing in a complete set including 67! The embellishments on the DVT that never appeared that would have gone through the coaches and mirrored on the 67 would have made it a classis IMHO.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Those doors look nice.

Remind me, what is the reason for the plug doors - is it to do with legislation or some other benefit?

its partly to speed up dwell times at stations, some passengers these days cant understand the concept of having to open and close doors without been told how to do it on multiple notices and announcements

• RMweb Gold

Looks great,

Have been playing with the official artwork for these for 3-4 months now, but wondered why they don't want to carry the grey linking line across the bottom of the coaches to link the 67 and the DVT.

Talking to CR a couple of months back they had no plans to paint the DVT and 67 to match the coaches, which is a shame. :-(

Mind you having the artwork for the DVT in blue/white for almost 2 years, that was a livery that I shall regret not seeing in a complete set including 67! The embellishments on the DVT that never appeared that would have gone through the coaches and mirrored on the 67 would have made it a classis IMHO.

Cheers

Dave

I have repainted one of the Dapol DVTs into the blue and white one a while go but it is at present on the workbench being detailed and now just having the orange cant rail stripes added. They are so fine in N scale that thy keep breaking apart, to having to adda section, , varnish over then do the next section.

Jim - having been in the end vestibule as we approach a station, we have had people push past to getby the door then just stand there staring at the door when the train stops. I have then had to tell them or show them how to open a door.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Here is one of the early WSMR mk3's in blue grey I was working on at the weekend.

it uses the Precision Scale decals.

Footboards have been painted yellow and the shorter daopl fixed knuckles have been installed to give close coupling. These work fine round the 11.5" fiddleyard curves on Banbury.

Ian

post-1557-0-27202000-1337069913_thumb.jpg

Archived