Bachmann price increases

DelticBlade

• RMweb Premium

There could also be a simple price variation clause based on the value of the £ against the $ or the price of oil or the Chinese wage index - obviously it would be in the manufacturer's interest to protect their end of the deal in a fairly volatile economic situation. Price variation clauses are fairly common in commercial contracts as I understand things.

That's understandable, but if I was a retailer I would equally want something to protect MY interests too. How about late delivery penalties? Manufacture a year later than planned and the costs will almost certainly be higher. Manufacturers shouldn't have it all their own way.

Just spoke with TMC about my Birds Eye wagons it appears that I would not have received the email about any price increase due to not been on the newsletter list. So if you have not received your order I would phone them as they will need to put the extra charge on your plastic. As I paid the price when ordering it only an extra £5 now. Not much to pay for a original Birds Eye container which goes for silly price second hand better approx £13.33 a wagon & 2 container than £20 plus for the original mainline one. Now for some one to re due the Frasier of Ipswich container.

• RMweb Gold

That's understandable, but if I was a retailer I would equally want something to protect MY interests too. How about late delivery penalties? Manufacture a year later than planned and the costs will almost certainly be higher. Manufacturers shouldn't have it all their own way.

Agree absolutely - and that depends on the retailer or commissioner (as in this case) being as sensible as the other party when drawing up the contracts. Some seem to manage it judging by the way they honour pre-order prices and remain in business.

• RMweb Premium

Agree absolutely - and that depends on the retailer or commissioner (as in this case) being as sensible as the other party when drawing up the contracts. Some seem to manage it judging by the way they honour pre-order prices and remain in business.

Quite true, Mike. Kernow seem to have mastered the technique and expanded their range over the last few years. The shop, Dapol and the loyal band of (appreciated) customers all seem to have gained from the process. I've ordered commisioned stuff from them with a very long lead-time...and no surcharges due to sensible contractual arrangements (I guess).

Jeff

Archived