Diesel and Electric Modellers United

Tase

Well, I took the plunge yesterday and joined DEMU via the online option on their website making my payment using Paypal. I haven't received any confirmation or membership details whatsoever. So I guess my question is what is the standard procedure when joining particularly with regards to how long it takes to acknowledge new members?

Thanks in advance.

T.

DEMU has been through a lot over the years and arguably it's success could be it's downfall as Diesel and Electric modelling is mainstram now. I see it as organisation with future but what exactly that will be will be interesting to see. I intend to renew my membership this year after deciding to look forward rather than backwards with regards to DEMU :mellow:

XF

• RMweb Premium

I tried to join about two years ago and finally gave up. I thought it might be because I'm from the USA.

Best, Pete.

Hi Pete,

We certainly have overseas members in DEMU - as Martyn says, try the membership sec - email above.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Hi pete,

The Paypal notification goes to the Treasurer.

He then has to pass the information on to the Membership Secretary

That's why there is a delay in the response.

(ex DEMU Membership Secretary)

Thanks

Thanks, Mick. I know some Society's don't like the overseas postage.....it's the website I'm interested in.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks, Mick. I know some Society's don't like the overseas postage.....it's the website I'm interested in.

Best, Pete.

Hi Pete,

One of the main benefits of DEMU membership is access to the DEMU forum. Although there is some overlap on here (I'm one of the guilty ones!), there is a wealth of D&E info on there. It's only reasonably recently (last couple of years IIRC) that membership could be paid for via online methods. There is an overseas rate to take into account the extra postage costs for the magazine "Update".

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Well, I took the plunge yesterday and joined DEMU via the online option on their website making my payment using Paypal. I haven't received any confirmation or membership details whatsoever. So I guess my question is what is the standard procedure when joining particularly with regards to how long it takes to acknowledge new members?

Thanks in advance.

T.

Hi Tase

I can confirm that we received your Paypal payment and that I have passed it on to our Membership Secretary so you are being "processed"!

Out of interest what would you expect (and how quickly) in terms of acknowledgement etc? The reason I ask is that we have only recently started taking online payments and one of the projects over the next 12 months is to improve our membership database and handling of membership subscriptions/renewals. It is clear that in the electronic age we all expect different things and to different timescales.

Pete - we started to take online subscriptions via Paypal last June to make things easier particularly for our Overseas members. If you are still interested (and we certainly hope you would be!) then here is the subscription page: http://www.demu.org.uk/membership/paypal.php

Cheers,

Mike

(with his DEMU Treasurer's hat on)

• RMweb Gold

PS Tase - it is well worth signing up to the DEMU forum here http://www.demu.org.uk/forum/ (if it asks for a membership number put a note in saying you are waiting for it to come through and I will activate your registration).

I would also welcome you to one of the future London Area Group meetings!

Cheers, Mike

Archived