Palmetto no more!

Alcanman

Hi,

After 18 months, I thought it was time to call it day and, sadly, CSX Palmetto Spur has now been abandoned and is currently languishing in my garage, minus salvaged structures.

When I started the original thread over a year ago, I had no idea that the layout would be my longest lasting and most satisfying. No week has gone by without at least couple of half hour operating sessions. Not bad for a layout with relatively small operating potential.

Like many others, I enjoy researching, planning and building new layouts. Small means you can start all over after a year or so and you haven't spent a fortune.

Thanks to all who taken the time to look at the layout, which still lives here on RmWeb and Youtube.

The recent miserable weather in the UK, has given me the opportunity to start researching and planning a new layout, which once again will be based in the Sunshine State of Florida.

I'll start a new thread when I've finalised the plan and indsustries.

Meanwhile for anyone new to this forum here are some pics of CSX Palmetto Spur.

post-7898-0-41185900-1334860050_thumb.jpg

post-7898-0-94682000-1334859984_thumb.jpg

post-7898-0-10649000-1334860017_thumb.jpg

regards,

Mal

As someone who struggles to move my layouts forward even a tiny bit, the concept of dismantling a "finished" one does not compute!

Palmetto is a hugely inspiring layout because it is basically simple both as a plan and scenically, so it gives the impression that even a kak handed incompetent like me has a chance.

Cant wait for the next one!

Thanks to all for the kind comments and encouragement.

I've learnt so much about US modelling and railroads in the past year from fellow RMWebbers and inspiration which has just added to my commitment to US modelling.

Coming soon to USA & Canadian Railroads - 'CSX xxxxxxxxx xxxxx Spur

cheers,

Mal

Archived