Metropolitan Railway Class E 0-4-4T - Anyone do a kit?

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

With the celebrations next year and the decision to put the loco back into steam, does anyone do a kit? Either that or is there something very close in R-t-R?

• RMweb Gold

I see that it's a white metal kit and I expect it will have all the usual problems associated with them. Question is, are these kits any good?

• RMweb Gold

I looked on the SEC website and the price of the kit is quite steep, bearing in mind the price of RtR stuff. The upside is you will have a very unique loco.

Might hang on awhile as I heard a whisper that one of the main companies "maybe" considering a Met or LT loco for next year. I won't hold my breath though lol

• RMweb Gold

Sorry, Not SEC. South Eastern Finecast. I looked at the pictures as well, the painting is a bit "dodgy" or I wonder if they were taken ages ago

Sorry, Not SEC. South Eastern Finecast. I looked at the pictures as well, the painting is a bit "dodgy" or I wonder if they were taken ages ago

The photo are at lest 10 years old if not more

SEFC loco kits are good & come with a brass chassie

• 2 weeks later...

The SE Finecast Met E is a god kit as far as whitemetal kit. It's got a nice revised etched chassis. I've built several, The only thing is that, being a 0-4-4 with a big gap between the drivers and bogie it is tricky to balance and weight for good traction. Still, my oldest one has done sterling service and is still going strong and is more than up to the job of hauling about the three Ashbury's I have, kindly built for me by Mozzer.

• RMweb Gold

Hi gang, heard a whisper, so don't take any notice of it that either Bachmann or Hornby are going to do a Class E for next years celebrations. I don't take notice of these things until it's mentioned in the modelling press but this came from a reliable source.

We will see.

Julian Sprott

• 4 weeks later...

Archived