RMweb

Finlow China Clay Layout

richard37670

Hey - you're on here too! Nice one mate. I've got some of that textured plastikote primer if you want to give your walkways a spray. Just holler and we can sort dsomething out.

Thanks Craig yeah will give you a should when i'm ready if that ok. been on here a few years now good site lots of info for all.

looks good ! i guess that is just like the one at burngullow ...

Yes well as near as i can get them.

Looks like it is set when Burngullow had the main line single section. Are you planning the line where the CDAs stnd to curve away like the Parkandillack branch? It is very well designed Rich, lots of shunting possibilities, and maybe a freightliner siding too?

Intriguing project - do you have any images of the real slurry and washing areas as up nooorth we aren't that familiar with CC ops like Kernow members.

Ian

Hello Ian i've got some picture of the slurry and washing area will post some up later

Looks like it is set when Burngullow had the main line single section. Are you planning the line where the CDAs stnd to curve away like the Parkandillack branch? It is very well designed Rich, lots of shunting possibilities, and maybe a freightliner siding too?

Hey mate not sure if going add the mainline yet the one I've got curving off to the left will be the parkandillack branch would love had it curving the other way but not got enough room :-( got plans for the freightliner sidling the metrose sidling

Yes - excellent images - I sort of get the idea - surprised to see so much vegetation and weeds - weathering on CC layouts seems reasonably straightforward with a decent spray of white........!

Ian

Hi

Sadly this plant has been decommissioned so is no longer used....note the rusty rails!!!

Only used as a junction for the Parkindillack branch now.

Cheers Bill

Hi

Really coming on.....The layout is taking shape nicely

Out of curiosity.....What do you use the WD40 for which appears in so many pics?.....I thought it wasn't recommended for model railway use

Cheers Bill

Hi

Really coming on.....The layout is taking shape nicely

Out of curiosity.....What do you use the WD40 for which appears in so many pics?.....I thought it wasn't recommended for model railway use

Cheers Bill

Hi Bill thanks mate just nearly finished the main track work got a few more line to do then sort the fiddle yard out then and the stabling point then wiring lol

wd40 well i use it for something the other day none track related and just put back in the loft ended up on the layout think mite of been when little man was up with me in the loft keep it out of his way lol

Cheers Rich

• Like 1

Hi Bill thanks mate just nearly finished the main track work got a few more line to do then sort the fiddle yard out then and the stabling point then wiring lol

wd40 well i use it for something the other day none track related and just put back in the loft ended up on the layout think mite of been when little man was up with me in the loft keep it out of his way lol

Cheers Rich

Hi Rich

Very sensible

Cheers Bill