Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

Here's a look at the lock gates under construction. The top three will be the bottom gates for the two complete locks and the partial lock, the bottom two are the top gates. Note the different construction, the bottom gates being fully planked both sides and the top gates only being planked to the side that retains the canal pound above the lock. So far the gates are the basic form with the balance beam in place, but without any detail.

post-8705-0-86510100-1360142184_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Very much support the two previous wellwishers in their hopes for BCB. I imagine that the Warners' involvement means such things are already planned, but some decent shots and/or video would be the icing on the cake for those of us too far away to visit.

If a new modeller did no more than follow the planning and modelling techniques described and annotated in these BCB threads, he/she would be off to a flying start with a layout, surely.

• Like 5

The layout is looking great even in its embronic form I have seen all the boards in the flesh as so to speak, and hands on two of the boards this weekend I am not expecting to see the completed layout until Peterborough.

All the best at Donny

FIL

Edited by MikeHemmings
  • Like 2

Damian,

Have you come up with a solution for the Industrial line fiddle yard yet?

Slightly off-topic, who do I grovel to for the chance to come behind the layout for a good look at all of the operations and layout, and also for a chance to have a little play when you are at Ally Pally?

Kev

• RMweb Premium

The layout is looking great even in its embronic form I have seen all the boards in the flesh as so to speak, and hands on two of the boards this weekend I am not expecting to see the completed layout until Peterborough.

All the best at Donny

FIL

Mike,

And here you are, hands-on Mike!:

post-6675-0-91343700-1360187521_thumb.jpg

post-6675-0-92018100-1360187540_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the assist.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Here's an atmosphere/details shot I've just stumbled on http://www.flickr.com/photos/geoffsimages/8447695399/in/photostream/

That's interesting; didn't realised 25038 was green with TOPS numbers in 1974.

Derby Sulzers site suggests a works visit in Feb '75, so maybe she was painted blue then?  Reason this matters is that (a blue) 25038 is amongst our fleet for BCB!

• RMweb Premium

It was a bit like this Stu, with John featuring as the robot and the guys as the Beastie Boys (B C Boys)

Funnily enough, the line 'Another Dimension' is pretty relevant to the amount of measuring that John has done for the layout

• Like 4