A4 Locomotives

Good Morning All

I am looking for help.

The Five Commonwealth A4 Pacific's No's 60009 to 60013 all had a cab-side coats of arms located below the cab number.

Does anyone know where I may be able to obtain these crests in 4mm scale in painted etched brass or similar, not as a paper transfer.

Regards

David

Hello David,

IIRC. Most of the coats of arms were painted (or transfers) on a raised flat panel that was approx squarish, this shape depended on the shape of the coat of arms.

OzzyO.

Fox transfers has them all - they normally come with the nameplates as a set of transfers. FEP4489SS is for the LNER Dominion of Canada ones, for example - FEP60010 is the product code for the Dominion of Canada nameplates I used for my BR era conversion (I didn't use the transfers - if I can find them, and if they'd be of use to you, I'd be happy to pass them on).

By using the FEP prefix followed by the LNER or BR number in the Fox Transfers search engine, you can normally find the engine you want.

EDIT: My apologies, you don't want transfers! I don't know if you can find painted brass ones. The best alternative is probably to put a transfer on a correct sized and coloured piece of brass.

Hi

Many thanks for the replies.

I did see on the website that Fox Transfers produce the coats of Arms in a transfer version and thought exactly what you said in putting them on a painted thin piece of brass.

Great minds think alike.

Thanks again to you all.

Regards

David

Archived