New items at NGS AGM

DapolDave

• RMweb Gold

The 56 is probably good for Paddock Wood ;-)

Mike, hi

I was just wondering that after I posted it....thanks...you might have just given me the excuse I was looking for...;)

A 56 was trialed In Cornwall in 1990 for possible use on China clay workings. I think it was 56013 in railfreight coal. Have I just saved you a layout?

Carl, hi

Thanks also..Yes I think I recall seeing a lot of frothing over it on the excellent DITD layout...shame it wasn't in blue though...perhaps I need 2 rather than 1 :O

Grabs coat, logs out of RMweb and logs into eHattons.com :D

EDIT: Redstripe railfreight grey now ordered for Paddock Wood...might wait for the blue one and see if Dapol do the Large logo blue one...help spread the payments too ;)

i must admit to being very pleased with the tender wheels although the driving wheels did give some to comment favourably too :-)

The spokes on the driving wheels do look particularly fine. Out of interest, have you settled on the running numbers for the 2884s yet or will they be announced in the catalogue?

Hi David,

sorry but i might be missunderstanding, but we have not announced a loadhaul livery 56.

As for the others this is as follows;

EWS: In production

Coal Sector: In production

BR Blue: Awaiting last deco sample to sign off on

Railfreight Grey: Awaiting last deco sample to sign off on.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

BIG improvement on the old Poole Farish 56, this one actually looks like a 56 and a very nice one too.

Hi

Indeed it is. Currently waiting for the later Doncaster version in BR Blue, but I might just have to buy an earlier BR Blue version as well.

Cheers

Paul

Have told myself regularly I have absolutely no need for a class 56 or a class 27 as they don't suit either of my layouts....but....

having seen that class 56 pic...I might just have to invent a new layout just to give it a good home... :devil:

I think Dapol have got their marketing spot on. Don't worry about wish posts or requested models etc, just make whatever you choose so good everyone has to have one, even if it means a new layout!

I'm very keep on the 28xx even for my little branchline - might have to extend the headshunt and goodness knows what it would be doing there but that's not the point!

the "mystery" unannounced model-i take it thats for the EPs which then need to be inspected and checked and not a signed off production model?

i ask in case its buried under so much smoke and mirrors its released on an unexpecting public only to find errors that could be spotted and rectified before the tooling is passed off.

do

we know if the new model is 00 or N or is that also being kept under wraps too?

the "mystery" unannounced model-i take it thats for the EPs which then need to be inspected and checked and not a signed off production model?

i ask in case its buried under so much smoke and mirrors its released on an unexpecting public only to find errors that could be spotted and rectified before the tooling is passed off.

do

we know if the new model is 00 or N or is that also being kept under wraps too?

Democracy is sometimes overrated.

Democracy is sometimes overrated.

We all know what happens to products designed by committees. ;)

Having said that, I applaud Dapol's open development approach on the Class 22 and Western. The EP1 for the 2884 was shown off last weekend so I think they are continuing their policy of showing work in progress in order to allow input from us.

I'm going to upset the apple cart and say that the 56 roof doesn't look right to me.

it may be lens distortion, but the roof seems to be the wrong profile, as if its been squashed. The domed cab roof seems odd too, especially noticeable on the red of 56018, The way that it meets the window pillars looks strange.

It may be my eyes, but the CADs that we were shown on here looked great...please tell me that it looks better in the flesh ?

Still tons more "56 like" that the Farish one though.

Hi Dave,

rest assured if you thought the cad/cam looked great, the model is exactly like the cad/cam as this is basically the end model you get from the design.

nothing changes, except possibly soething that doesnt go together quite right etc during final testing.

hope this helps.

cheers

Dave

Oh I do hope so as I've been looking forward to this model. But is the cad as tinker proof as you say ? Page 24 of the western thread has a post from Andy y himself, which highlights three minor points on the EP, and finishes with "It just shows that no matter how good the CAD is someone can go and do something different!".

Hmmm. I look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

My only concern is the shape of the chimney - there should be a small amount of taper outwards from the base if it is to represent a plain cast iron one as worn by most of the class - the one on the ep is just too straight for me

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've only just seen the pictures on here of the Class 56. It looks like a great model and one I've being looking forward too. My only reservation is the pillar between the cab side windows and the windows just looks a tad heavy to me, unless its the pics seen so far that just give that impression?

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates on the progress of the 2884? is the chimney shape likely to be revised? and when is it going to hit the shops?

What do you feel is wrong with the chimney shape? Comparing Dapol's EP1 with the real thing looks OK to me.

http://www.ness-st.co.uk/images/NGS2012/Dapol38xx_large1.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/crayzy_ray/4566968854/sizes/l/in/set-72157623760190289/

Archived