Bridge deck, Carlisle Crown Street Goods

I came to this thread via "Grantham' and think it deserves far more than to be hidden behind a bridge deck! Every now and then it's great to to see these layouts where space appears not to be an issue. I shall be following this with huge interest.

• RMweb Premium

Space is always an issue, even with this much. At the moment we are trying to squeeze a representation of Garsdale (Hawes Junction) in place of some of the storage sidings, also a reduced half relief version of Upperby shed. From St Nicholas bridge in the S to Caldew bridge in the N the layout is exactly to scale so this part was easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Bloomin' 'eck!

This is truly awesome!

Is it a contender for the UK largest layout? I take it, it is a private layout or will it be open for guided tours or anything like that?

It would certainly be nice if it could be viewed by us 'plebs'! Although it is most satisfying to see it on here, of course. I'm not calling for it to be "open", I hasten to add - just curious - the owners wishes are paramount.

I'm very impressed!

John E.

That's the whole Condor train, all 27 Conflat P and a Stove R for the guard, as you can see it fills platform 1. Club trip would be a good idea, it's a long way though and I don't know if we'll all live long enough to see it finished!

not a bad way of going tho !

Archived