New Hornby Announcements

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Premium

The latter is the same loco (and therefore split from) the loco/push-pull set so not really a 'new' model in the true sense of the word.

Still no green duchess, late crest yet then....

I rather wish I had not sold my weathered Duchess of Montrose... it was a nice standard Hornby model R2446 made in 2005. I photographed it though...

post-7929-0-08124800-1339798326.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Rob,

Did you put new front Bogie Wheels on?

Are you interested in a copy of Railroads of New Zealand(David B. Leitch), I have just been given a copy, if so pm me with your address and I will pop it in the mail(gratis).

Rgds.........Mike(hope this not too much off topic!)

Guest Belgian

The latter is the same loco (and therefore split from) the loco/push-pull set so not really a 'new' model in the true sense of the word.

It has been confirmed that the 'loose' M7 will be number 30055 and is therefore an additional release, not a split from the train pack, but the price shown is correct - £129-99 for a small tank engine!!!

JE

The list price of the M7 has always been eye watering http://www.Hornby.com/search/?q=r3159

The amount of work in the M7 would be very high, presumably. As examples of the 'art' or craft of modelling the push-pull set does set a very high standard. I must confess that personally an express loco for the same price or less does feel like better value. Seems like only yesterday models such as a factory-weathered Bulleid or Stanier could be bought new for under a hundred. (sigh) Not sure why Hornby haven't pursued the weathered version of Eastern Region express locos ... the weathered examples of Southern engines seem to do well on the second-hand market. But maybe i'm just displaying my own prejudices.

Rob

• 1 month later...

Arrived in my inbox in the past day or two. Apologies if it's already been commented upon.

letter-top-curves.gif

Welcome to the Hornby Newsletter!

dotted-divider.jpg

latest-releases-header.jpg

R3141.gif

R3141 DB Schenker Co-Co Electric 'Tata Steel' Class 60

Features - Sprung Buffers - Extensive Detail - All-wheel pickups - Directional Lighting - Working head/tail lights - NEM Couplings - DCC Ready

dotted-divider.jpg

dotted-divider.jpg

R3149.gif

R3149 Schenker Co-Co Diesel Class 92

Features - DCC Ready

Archived