Problems viewing Youtube with Firefox

Mod5

Whilst I was trying to view this thread from Baby Deltic I could not see the link in his op. I went onto Youtube and searched for it manually and when I found it there are no options to play it and it does not come up on the screen. Assuming it was a problem with Youtube I went and checked using Opera and I can see the embedded link in BD's op and watch anything on Youtube without a problem.

So if anyone else is using Firefox could they just check and see if they are having the same problem or is it something my end I would be much obliged.

V8 ! isn't that about 4 years out of date. Oh, and yes it even worked for me even with javascript turned off!

There is a lot to be said for not updating Firefox (or anything) until it has time to be trialed by all the others, but there does come a point at which it is the right thing to do. In theory at least later versions fix the mess made in the previous version by the programmers shoving more code into the mess that worked well several versions ago.

Hopefully in the next release they will eliminate the rather silly nonsense you get when selecting "open in a new tab" another bright idea from someone with only one candle in their brain :(. Firefox, once a superb product seems to be going down the same drain as Microsoft, "there is memory and processor power on a PC so let's just use it all"

• RMweb Gold
Hopefully in the next release they will eliminate the rather silly nonsense you get when selecting "open in a new tab"

Hi Kenton,

If you mean the thumbnail images of recently visited web sites, you can turn them off. Click the icon top right (a little patch of 9 grey squares).

Martin.

Archived