Eskborough

d winpenny

• 3 months later...

right as promised here are some photos of the layout asembled in the hallway (slight mis measurement) minus the back scenes and control panel as i am using dcc i need to get myself a power source for the points signals and lighting yet so no working points :-/ silly me. more shots to come when the layout is fully assembled when i have a bit more time, for now enjoy

david

• 3 weeks later...

It's alive :) after a suprisingly simple spot of fettling I managed to get my class 150 and class 56 pottering about on the main scenic boards on the layout and all the lights and points working thanks to my better half paying for 2 gaugemaster wm1 power supply's for our anniversary hopefully some pictures to follow

David

Glad to see you've got it up and running.

It looks like one of the station lights has taken a bit of a pounding, if you need another lamp head, I mounted the lamp part of one of these onto a brass post, after drilling the bottom of the cast lamp

http://www.knightwing.co.uk/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?cart_id=1350991713.228&product=OO-HO_Lineside_Kits&pid=65

(A knightwing B001 lamp, at least I think it was one of those, its definitely knightwing)

The whitemetal posts weren't durable or straight enough...

Cheers

Mike

Decided to get my class 60 out of its box today and It seems to of developed an erratic running problem the track work all clean and fine and even after cleaning the wheels running was not improved if anyone has any ideas please feel free to share

David

Had a proper look tonight and it appears that the wheels are black bright so I am going to get fibreglass brush and set about cleaning the wheels and hope that solves the problem can't believe I didn't think of this to begin with, managed to fit a chip to my class 58 today and got my other locos out so hopefully I will get chance to run some trains over the next couple of days and get some pictures

David

• 2 weeks later...

After a spate of looking at railway pictures from my local area I have decided so reallocation is in order I am going to sell my recently purchased class 58 and replace it with either a Ews 37 or 66 or another class 60 if any one is interested in the bone feel free to send me a pm

David

• 1 month later...

Archived