Bachmann Class 40 32-475DC

Lokomotivfuhrer

Hi guys

I was gonna buy one of these simply because it is the Split Headcode variation which I would like. It has been in the Bachmann Catalogue for a couple of years.

Given that it is DCC On Board, would I have to remove the DCC Chip and replace with a blanking plate, to get it to run on 12V DC Layout?

Excuse my ignorance. I have little knowledge of the technicalities of DCC, and wonder what the pros and cons of doing this are, apart from the extra cost of purchase.

Thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Also you can remove the fitted DCC chip and replace with a blanking plug. Your model shop may even be able to do this for you if you ask.

I've just checked and this model was announced in the 2006 catalogue. I think that is some sort of record in terms of gap between announcement and delivery. Oh, and before anyone says that since then they have decided to upgrade the chassis and body, I'd point out that designing a new model from scratch is generally achieved in something less than 6 years these days....

I had bought the green split head code 40 but sold it when the blue one was announced as that was my preferred colour scheme - it's been a (very) long wait!

i got fed up with waiting and four years ago!! i repainted my split headcode version. more changes soon, as i plan to add 0000 one end and 6M65 the other.

post-6736-0-88303400-1341259238_thumb.jpg

Repainted 40125, ex Bachmann D325

as for dcc, take the pkunge and get a dynamis, so easy to use and functional, i took the plunge five years ago and have never looked back, same as hundreds of others.

Thanks for the comment, the stock is for my 20ft model of Springs Branch, its due to come out of storage at the end of the month, this little diarama is a section of Polmadie. Have a look in the layout topics section they are both in there.

....before anyone says that since then they have decided to upgrade the chassis and body, I'd point out that designing a new model from scratch is generally achieved in something less than 6 years these days....

Yes, but Bachmann doesn't always do all-new tooling at the time you expect them to. They'll do it when (or if) they're good and ready.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived