Towcester

Nobby (John)

A very special thanks to our guest celebrity operators Mick Bryan and Dave Tailby for their invaluable help.

How did Dave cope with more than 2 points (that work)?

• RMweb Premium

He was positively overjoyed to be operating a working layout .

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick

Are you talking about the same Dave Tailby who's layout I get caught operating while he goes a wandering.

I did think when I saw the team line up that you were in for a busy time, with both George and Nobby nattering to everyone, and Dave disappearing. It was bordering on me feeling pity  for you, then I realised who I was feeling pity for so that emotion soon disappeared.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mick

Are you talking about the same Dave Tailby who's layout I get caught operating while he goes a wandering.

I did think when I saw the team line up that you were in for a busy time, with both George and Nobby nattering to everyone, and Dave disappearing. It was bordering on me feeling pity  for you, then I realised who I was feeling pity for so that emotion soon disappeared.

I can't decide if that warrants a "thanks", "friendly/supportive" or something inappropriate for a public forum....................

Cheers,

Mick

• 3 months later...

Hello

Towcester will be appearing at the Soar Valley MRC Exhibition on September 2/3 2017

Cheers

George

• 2 months later...

Hello

Towcester will be appearing at the Alsager Show in Crewe on November 4th and 5th.

Cheers

George

• 6 months later...

Hello

Towcester, (or Toaster), is due to appear at Derby exhibition the weekend after next. This is it's only appearance this year so grab it while you can. The co-owner will not be there as he will be in Munch doing something or other so it will be me and the stat, mystery guest operator, Mr Paul Wade who will be keeping it going. Look forward to  seeing you there.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hello

Towcester will be appearing at Kendal MRC exhibition on January 26/27 2019. It will also feature in the  February, (due out in January), edition of Railway Modeller. This is the first magazine article to feature the extension board. Nothing else has changed much as regards the l;ayout though there are a couple of new trains running now and also another DMU features since the layout was first built. We look forward to seeing you then, please say hello.

Cheers

George 

• Like 1

Hello

I'm looking forward to it as well Steve. Yes John did build quite a lot of it and yes he soeas get a mention as does Richard and a few others  as well. The layout pictures are by the inestimable Paul Bason who once again has done us proud.

Cheers

George

Hello

Looks like a very bad attack of Photo-shop and that's just the loco. I will ask our technical department to look into it.

Cheers

George

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Railway Modeller is now out and the layout article looks good with some fine pictures by Paul Bason. Just over two weeks to go to the show at Kendal. Hope the weather is OK in the North country.

Cheers

George

Hello George

Just looking at the article. Very good article and the pics are good too.

Like the picture of you. Who’s the other guy in the pic did he have something to do with the layout.

Ok we’re back to IPs

Thanks Steve.

Hello

Just a couple of wierdoswho wandered into John's garage while the photo-shoot was going on Steve. We soon got rid of them. Glad you liked it; we did.

Cheers

George 

He looks after its storage

Hello George
Just looking at the article. Very good article and the pics are good too.
Like the picture of you. Who’s the other guy in the pic did he have something to do with the layout.

Ok we’re back to IPs
Thanks Steve.

Hello

As the old and very careworn saying goes, 'We're all in this together'.

Cheers

George

I do like the concept I have often wondered about the S and D in a similar vein. How about the East Somerset being connected at Sheppton Mallet with stone trains going both north and south. Passenger services in the hands of 33/1 and 4TC. One day.......

Keith