Conway Valley line today

simon hudson

I have just had a phone call from a pal who lives in Lanwrst asking me if I knew what steam loco had gone up the line this morning.I have had a quick look and I can't find any steam tours planned for North Wales today and the Welsh Mountaineer is cancelled for tomorrow.All I know is he said a "Dark blue loco had gone up the valley earlier this morning with one coach on".

I don't think he was winding me up!! but I can only think of a couple of blue loco's and I don't think either are A) in the area B) would be allowed up the valley.

So I'm either having my leg pulled or I've missed out Put me out of my misery please!!

I have just had a phone call from a pal who lives in Lanwrst asking me if I knew what steam loco had gone up the line this morning.I have had a quick look and I can't find any steam tours planned for North Wales today and the Welsh Mountaineer is cancelled for tomorrow.All I know is he said a "Dark blue loco had gone up the valley earlier this morning with one coach on".

I don't think he was winding me up!! but I can only think of a couple of blue loco's and I don't think either are A) in the area B) would be allowed up the valley.

So I'm either having my leg pulled or I've missed out Put me out of my misery please!!

Let us know if you find out please.

• RMweb Gold

what your friend saw was the arriva DVT and 67, its doing driver training this week down the valley

(i only put 2 and 2 together this morning after re-reading a text message i got last night from one of the drivers training on it)

• RMweb Gold

my driver friend books on at about 4pm in llan jn and is back there about 18:30 if thats any use for now, not sure if its running today as she has a booked job but its running wed, thurs, friday at least

it must be running down the valley as its out of the way of......well anything really!

• RMweb Gold

i've tried to ring the driver this morning but no answer, im 99.9% sure im reading her message right and it does tie in with what was described in the first post

16.00 book on at the jn ties in with it passing rhyl at 15:00 before a trip along the branch, (all speculation of course)

if it is right its slipped under everyones radar this one!!

• RMweb Gold

well the OP mentions his friend lives in llanrwst so i'd say he does mean the conwy valley

however to add futher confusion my mate says she got soaked changing ends on valley triangle too so if it is the same train its certainly doing the rounds (or triangles)

Archived