Portland Road

Swifty11

Well there's Sprat and Winkle couplers which work on under-track magnets, but they're the "finescale" easy coupling choice and need assembling. The kadees are probably the easiest option (that also works on magnets under the tracks.) I know it is possible to somehow create DCC Kadees (uncoupling from the controller) but can't remember where I saw that. I was also thinking about trying to create some sort of adaptor between 00 gauge NEM pockets and N gauge ones so we can use the smaller Dapol easi-shunt couplings (also magnetic).

Don't know if that helps,

Alex

Thanks Alex,

Yes that was a help.the reason I ask is because I'm running nuclear trains and engineers trains, the idea is the train stops, un couples and moves a bit further forwards, then, the class 08 yard pilot couples to the end of the train and shunts the train into the siding, the loco(s) depart the reception line and onto either the fuelling point or the stabelling bit of the yard, then the train couples to the wagons and takes the train to its next destination...

Hooe that wasn't TOO boring! :)

Looks realy good mate!! do you weather your loco"s???

I plan to but I need an air brush first!

I am a bit of a fan of the 'toy' look as they look nice when there nice and shiny, or too me they do, Ill only give them a light weather anyway as DRS locos are usually quite clean except for the RHTT pool, there filthy!

I plan to but I need an air brush first!

I am a bit of a fan of the 'toy' look as they look nice when there nice and shiny, or too me they do, Ill only give them a light weather anyway as DRS locos are usually quite clean except for the RHTT pool, there filthy!

Agree,Drs keep there loco fleet pritty clean these days....ive weathered few of my two tone 37"s,but none of my drs 37"s...

Really looking forward to the next update (and the sound 67!!!)

Alex

Sorry but it's an xmas presie so it will be a bit 'till then...

Been doing a bit of track gauging for building etc. today

Thats good new for Drs!! now there wil be more Drs loco"s on the network to film....

Hopefully! Virgin thunderbirds 57307/308/311/313-316 are going of lease! :( On the good side their being replaced by DRS clasa 57/3s :)

Quick question...

The station?

Scotrail or Northern rail?

They're both nice bright liveries and there is soo much variety in the scotrail fleet as they either have the busiest designers or the laziest painters! I can think of 4 liveries that'd the top of my head! Please help...

Thanks,

Tom

Archived