Tornado rescues snowbound passengers

Guest Max Stafford

Another tale of glory to add to Tornado's future legend! :icon_thumbsup2:

Perhaps all the mainline registered steam power should be placed in a strategic reserve style pool for just such situations as this. At very least they'd be good for plough duties! :)

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Well done Tornado and in its rescue run it probably produced less Co2 that the power station that would of powered the Euro Star.

Top marks Tornado :icon_thumbsup2::icon_clap::icon_clap::icon_clap::icon_thumbsup2:

Pete

That has made my year. Well done the A1 Trust. Hope you got some 'donations' from those 'stranded commuters'.

Sincerely, Covenentor.

• RMweb Premium

How utterly utterly superb. All credit to them.

The A1ST does seem to have a particular penchant for hitting the headlines, and of not hiding its light under a bushel. I certainly found its members to be most friendly, helpful, and accommodating when I was allowed to cab Tornado the other week during a mainline run water stop. And I was not alone there - they even allowed kids up, and also made sure they didn't get dirty, or touch anything that might harm them.

IMHO if there were more preservation outfits like them, the "anorak" badge of railway enthusiasts would certainly take a huge dent!

Archived