Bachmann spares

What ho all, I'm looking for some modern Bachmann spares, and wondered if anyone can advise from experience which suppliers or organisations are best to approach. (yes I know Bachmann supply parts but at what cost/service quality)

(specifically I need 2 bags of 47 pipes and some spare bogie frames to modify)

Thanks in advance, Matt.

What ho all, I'm looking for some modern Bachmann spares, and wondered if anyone can advise from experience which suppliers or organisations are best to approach. (yes I know Bachmann supply parts but at what cost/service quality)

(specifically I need 2 bags of 47 pipes and some spare bogie frames to modify)

Thanks in advance, Matt.

Bachmann don't generally supply parts, so the only organisation likely to help you are Bachmann themselves.

I can often get parts on an occasional basis for specific repairs, but I (Like the rest of the trade) cannot order a stock of parts.

Drop them a nicely worded e-mail and they will advise whether they can supply the parts or not, and what the cost will be. Bear in mind that it is likely that some parts are available and others not.

There is usually a contact form on Bachmanns web site for enquiries but at present it says "Sorry, but the Contact forms have been suspended until January 5th. 2010 when Bachmann Europe Plc return from the Christmas holiday.

We wish you and your families the very best for Christmas and the New Year, and hope to be bringing you news of the exciting New models for 2010 in March"

Quite often they will supply replacement small parts free of charge if in stock but do ask for a SAE padded bag.

The 'golden rule' is to get your request in while a batch or batches of the product of interest have recently arrived and gone on sale. Unless I am much mistaken the spares stock comes from damaged or faulty returns which are cannibalised for their parts, so it is when the activity is greatest that the spares supply is likely to be most abundant.

And it is good to know there are going to be exciting new models for 2010 ...

Ok cheers chaps, just wanted to ensure I wasn't writing off for something I would be ripped off and waiting months for :)

I have used Bachmann's spares department several times in the past and they recently repaired my Dynamis for ??12 including postage. I have always found them very reasonable - ??10 for a J72 motor and the service is very prompt.

Usual disclaimer - just a satisfied customer

Guest 838rapid

Have rung them in the past using the telephone number shown for the collecters club.

Ask the reception for the spares repairs department.

They also take payment via bank cards which is good.

The guys in the spares department are always friendly and willing to help.

Very satisfied customer here

Even managed to get replacement steps to go on the fuel tanks of my prototype DELTIC

Archived