The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Screen Capture ?

DonB

• RMweb Premium

If you're using Windows (98 onwards at least) then hold down "ALT GR" and "PRT SCN" - or similar text keys - at the same time. This will copy the screen image to the clipboard, from where it cab be pasted into one's image editor or word processor of choice. Good old MS Paint is good enough for this, that's what I use for this job. No money or new programmes needed. :-)

• RMweb Premium

If you're using Windows (98 onwards at least) then hold down "ALT GR" and "PRT SCN" - or similar text keys - at the same time. This will copy the screen image to the clipboard, from where it cab be pasted into one's image editor or word processor of choice. Good old MS Paint is good enough for this, that's what I use for this job. No money or new programmes needed. :-)

Yes works for me too. But I only use the "Print Screen/SysHq" key, top row 3rd from right. Vista OS. Don't suppose it makes much difference though.

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Yes works for me too. But I only use the "Print Screen/SysHq" key, top row 3rd from right. Vista OS. Don't suppose it makes much difference though.

Rob

aaawwww crap, I've been wasting effort pressing the 'alt gr' key all these years!

.Thanks for all the above

I'm on XP and I thought that I should be able to do a screen capture without a new program.

Tried PrintScreen key, but nothing seemed to happen. now cottoned-on to the secret!

I have access to a laptop with Windows7, but the "Dummies" book index has no mention of Utilities, or screen capture / grab, hence my plea for info. (just showing my level of expertise!)

I'm on XP too -This page will give you possibly the best FREE screen capture going - This is a link to the last freeware version

http://www.faststone.org/ - it will let you capture ANYTHING on the screen without grabbing the whole screen.

For example

post-6688-0-06212500-1347792243.jpg

and

post-6688-0-61543000-1347792651.jpg

Later paid-for versions are available which will do more

- see http://www.faststone...ptureDetail.htm

They have some other useful programs too - just a satisfied customer

Jack

Archived