Stafford Exhibition

ELTEL

• RMweb Premium

Hi All

The list of spectacular layouts in all gauges and scales is now on the UK Model Shops Exhibition website and will be on the Stafford Railway Circles website in the next few days.

2013 will be a cracker and we have cancelled all snow for the exhibition

Great Layouts

Great traders (including a few new ones)

Free Parking

Free Preserved Bus Service both days from Stafford Railway Station ( see thus times on Stafford Railway Circle website soon)

Look forward to seeing you all there

A exhibition not to miss....."

• RMweb Premium

Just a quick note to say that all the Layouts, Demonstrators and Traders are now listed under the exhibition banner on the Stafford Railway Circle website which can be found on www.staffordrailwaycircle.ork.uk or just Google Stafford Railway Circle

As per the last few years there will be a complimentary preserved bus service on both Saturday & Sunday.

I will endeavour to publish the pick up times from Stafford station as soon as I can, so those of you are able to get a rail travel bargin.

Kind regards

Terry Robinson

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Latest information update on our website www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk

New Trader

Topp Trains

Geoff Kent will now be at Stafford 2014 not 2013 my mistake

Eltel

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Stafford Railway Circle Update 20/12/12

Due to circumstances beyond our control Middle Cubley the SRC "O" Gauge layout has been withdrawn (its not ready) and will now be amongst the 2014 exhibits.

A replacement "O" Gauge layout has been sourced and details will be posted once all the details are confirmed.

See our website for the full exhibition line up

www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk

Eltel

Ian Blackburn (my modelling buddy) and I, will be showing our Rhydwyn Fawr steelworks layout (Gauge 0) at Stafford; we`re really looking forward to being part of this excellent show.

Who else from RMweb will be exhibiting?

Not exhibiting, but now I have moved up from Wilts, I shall be attending.

I'm beginning to wonder if floods will lead to layouts/exhibitors withdrawing; whatever happens, Radio Stoke had better improve on its weather reports. The Sunday of this year's exhibition was badly handicapped by well out-of-date/time reports of road conditions.

It's a bit early to sensationalise about road conditions some 6 weeks away! One road 10 miles away was closed for a day this week. If river floods ever reached the showground 80% of the county's populations would be drowned.

Last year there was accurately forecasted snow and everyone did everything they could to make sure a show went on including some very long journeys for the exhibitors and traders on the Saturday evening. By Sunday morning all local roads were clear and the staff on site had worked to clear the site's roads.

I honestly don't understand why you'd post something potentially harmful and factually incorrect.

• RMweb Premium

I agree Andy - it is better to wait and see.

Had I gone along with the progostications of the weather "experts" about theMember's day in Juy and also in Stafford, I'd have stopped at home, as there were numerous "Do Not Travel" type messages, and even the National Rail website was at it.  As it happens, it did rain for part of the day, but I got there on time, and got back close to time, by car/train/train/bus, and car/train/train/car and I enjoyed one of the best days out that I'd had for some years.

It's a bit early to sensationalise about road conditions some 6 weeks away! One road 10 miles away was closed for a day this week. If river floods ever reached the showground 80% of the county's populations would be drowned.

Last year there was accurately forecasted snow and everyone did everything they could to make sure a show went on including some very long journeys for the exhibitors and traders on the Saturday evening. By Sunday morning all local roads were clear and the staff on site had worked to clear the site's roads.

I honestly don't understand why you'd post something potentially harmful and factually incorrect.

Local radio stations did not report the improvement on the Sunday morning, so several potential visitors may well have been put off. I'm told by several listeners that on Sunday morning Radio Stoke was particularly inaccurate.

That's hardly SRC's fault so I can't understand why it would put an exhibitor/trader off.

SRC and the county showground staff go out of their way to look after visitors by car. I really can't understand the motive behind this?

I always go with the weather as I find it, this year the only time I could get to Stafford was Saturday

afternoon.

The forecast was for snow, but knowing it can be wrong I went anyway. Sure enough it snowed, but I got

there and home again despite somebody tottering along the A50 at 20mph in a 4x4!

Weather forecasts can cause damage. Several years ago, snow was forecast across the East Midlands on the

Sunday of the Nottingham Show. It was a gloriously cloudfree day! But the attendance was down and several people we contacted who had intended coming hadn't because of the (hopelessly inaccurate) weather

forecast

Local radio stations did not report the improvement on the Sunday morning, so several potential visitors may well have been put off. I'm told by several listeners that on Sunday morning Radio Stoke was particularly inaccurate.

Surely you can make your own mind up as to weather conditions ???????????

• RMweb Premium

I think that is just the point Tom Garnet was trying to make.

Hope to see you at Stafford Exhibition in February, have a nice Christmas

Terry

Stafford Exhibition Manager 1990 to 2012

I think that is just the point Tom Garnet was trying to make.

Hope to see you at Stafford Exhibition in February, have a nice Christmas

Terry

Stafford Exhibition Manager 1990 to 2012

Indeed so. SRC members ( I am one of them) did indeed do all they could, but all felt that misleading radio reports on the Sunday morning contributed to a very disappointing turnout that day. Saturday's numbers. while lower than often, were not as drastically down despite the snow forecast. Exhibitors and traders come from far and wide, most arriving on the Friday afternoon/evening before the Exhibition opens. It is neither unreasonable nor scare-mongering to hope that none of them are impeded by any adverse weather conditions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Stafford Railway Circle Update 20/12/12

Due to circumstances beyond our control Middle Cubley the SRC "O" Gauge layout has been withdrawn (its not ready) and will now be amongst the 2014 exhibits.

A replacement "O" Gauge layout has been sourced and details will be posted once all the details are confirmed.

Eltel

Stafford Railway Circle 2013 Exhibition UPDATE

I can now confirm the replacement "0" Gauge layout will be LOUGH MPD

This layout appeared at Warley 2012 where it was very well received and had large crowds surrounding it throughout the exhibition.

As I write this email only 30 days to go to the Stafford Exhibition, so mark the dates in your diary 2nd & 3rd February 2013

Full details of the exhibition which includes a list of all layouts, traders, and demonstrators attending can be found on our club website

Happy New Yeats

Eltel

• RMweb Premium

STAFFORD RAILWAY CIRCLE EXHIBITION UPDATE 6th January 2013

The 7mm Narrow Gauge Demonstration stand has been withdrawn for our 2013 Exhibition but will return for 2014

The reason being Howard Clarke who for may years has manned the 7mm stand will be part of the team operating Purgatory Peak at the exhibition

As always full information regarding the exhibition can be found on the club website www.staffordrailwaycirle.org.uk

Regards

Eltel

• RMweb Premium

Stafford Railway Circle Update 08/01/2013

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the owners of layout "Jan 69 " have withdrawn from our 2013 exhibition

A replacement layout is been sourced and details will be posted on the club website once all the details are confirmed.

Eltel

• RMweb Premium

Stafford Railway Circle Update 09/01/2013

Due to circumstances beyond our control, the owners of layout "Jan 68" have withdrawn from our 2013 exhibition

The replacement layout will be Mike Kelly's 00 layout "EVERBURY"

Eltel

Archived