Stafford Exhibition

ELTEL

• RMweb Gold

Updating the comment from Eltel regarding the non attendance of Phoenix Paints owing to illness, not only will Shawplan have the paints on their stand but H & A Models will also.

ColinH

Exhibition Manager

Updating an update.

Shawplan/Extreme Etchings are awaiting a delivery of Phoenix paints, the reason for their non appearance being down to illness decimating the staff, which also causes issues with sending out stock, so fingers crossed. Also please note, Brian does not carry the full range of Phoenix, primarily modern image with a selection of popular steam era colours.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

I'm looking forward to coming, having missed out last year due to the weather and illness.

I have already pre-loaded my wallet!

Will there be an 'official' meeting up point and time for RM web members as happens at some exhibitions?

Regards

Richard

• RMweb Premium

Right-y-o, Wheal Elizabeth's all prepped and ready to go.  Not been to Stafford before (show or town) so I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Looks like a good line up.

• RMweb Premium

Right-y-o, Wheal Elizabeth's all prepped and ready to go.  Not been to Stafford before (show or town) so I'm really looking forward to the weekend. Looks like a good line up.

Look forward to seeing you on arrival, hope you have a good journey.

Eltel

SRC Exhibition Team

I'm thinking about catching a train to Stafford on Saturday and may find myself with a little spare time between arriving at the station and catching the exhibition bus. Can anyone recommend a good greasy spoon near the station where I can get a Full English at a reasonable price?

Cheers

Graham   

Will there be an 'official' meeting up point and time for RM web members as happens at some exhibitions?

Not as far as I know Richard. I may only be on a flying visit as I've been spending far too much time not at home at weekends (getting urgent jobs done) and I'm away next weekend too. For Western fans it may be worth carrying out 'stop and search' tactics if anyone spots Dapol Dave.

DJ.jpg

I'll get him back for those roof-panel lifting eyes somehow.  :laugh:

• RMweb Gold

Not as far as I know Richard. I may only be on a flying visit as I've been spending far too much time not at home at weekends (getting urgent jobs done) and I'm away next weekend too. For Western fans it may be worth carrying out 'stop and search' tactics if anyone spots Dapol Dave.

attachicon.gifDJ.jpg

Test driving the beard and fat suit I see :jester:

Mike.

• RMweb Premium

I'm thinking about catching a train to Stafford on Saturday and may find myself with a little spare time between arriving at the station and catching the exhibition bus. Can anyone recommend a good greasy spoon near the station where I can get a Full English at a reasonable price?

Cheers

Graham   

Hi Graham

Nothing close by,suggest you wait till you get the exhibition as the cafe do a great breakfast next to the exhibition

Eltel

• RMweb Premium

Stafford Railway Circle Update 31/1/2013

Collected extra barriers from Warley this morning and delivered to Exhibition Hall

All SRC layouts ready for transportation to the Showground

Weather forecast dare I say it looks good

Exhibitors provisions purchased

Two very important things is the catering equipment is on the van loaded for hot drinks for all on build up day

Beer hopefully arrived at the hotel for those stopping at the hotel

I will give a last update tomorrow evening for any last minute changes.

Have a safe journey everyone

Eltel

• RMweb Premium

Beer hopefully arrived at the hotel for those stopping at the hotel

News Flash

Just heard from our hotel accommodation organiser they have over delivered the beer ordered

I am sure we can help them out.

Eltel

Thanks El Tel for the continuous updates. We're looking forward to being part of your show and all being well should arrive mid afternoon today. Thank goodness the weather has improved, and the wind has died down. It's not fun having to drive a fully loaded van with two layouts packed in, in windy conditions. The Scarborough crew wish you all a successful show. See you later today.

Mike

I hope you have a good run down Mike (and all others travelling today), it's a little rainy here at the moment, temperatures drop a little overnight but tomorrow looks to be bright and clear. No snow forecast (unlike last year's accurate forecast) but there's a possibility of light showers on Sunday morning as it warms up a little again. There's no extreme temperature drops overnight in the cowsheds exhibition halls unlike some years.

Some grass areas may be a little boggy so visitors should pay attention to where car park marshals direct folk.

I hope you have a good run down Mike (and all others travelling today), it's a little rainy here at the moment, temperatures drop a little overnight but tomorrow looks to be bright and clear. No snow forecast (unlike last year's accurate forecast) but there's a possibility of light showers on Sunday morning as it warms up a little again. There's no extreme temperature drops overnight in the cowsheds exhibition halls unlike some years.

Some grass areas may be a little boggy so visitors should pay attention to where car park marshals direct folk.

I can remember going to a Motorhead gig in the main hall one year, there had been a cow show in there a few days before. After an hour or so in the building, it became rather hot, and one of two of the 12000 crowed passed out. The management launched the air con system, well, sprayed the crowed with fire hoses from the balcony, the coolant water, found its way onto the floor and mixed with the cow show debris. I was 16 at the time, and when my farther picked me up from the gig, well, how could I describe the smelly mess over my Jeans.

Glenuig, all ready to go, and I have now sorted out my non existent operator problem that I had earlier in the week. In true Gary style, i will arrive in the morning 

See you all tomorrow

Gary

attachicon.gifDJ.jpg

Thats it the beard and fat suit are coming off. :locomotive:

• RMweb Premium

Stafford Railway Circle Update Friday 1/2/13

Yes all is well at Stafford with only a handful of layouts, traders and demonstrators to set up in the morning.

Look forward to seeing you all over the weekend.

Eltel

Went to Stafford today for my first ever visit.

What a great show with some fantastic layouts.

Great to bump into old friends and make some new ones.

Thanks to Andy for the bacon roll and coffee, and well done Colin and co for putting on such a super event.

Cheers

Dave

Archived