RMweb

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

(Sentimental old dotard warning)

When Ms bluebottle was about six, we were walking to her school. I introduced her to an acquaintance as “my little girl” and later was told: “Dad, don't tell people I'm 'your little girl'. I'm not a little girl any more”. For the first time, I had an inkling of why women get tearful at landmarks in their kids' lives.

Last week, twenty years on, I reminded her about that, and today I opened this year's father's day card...

post-7286-0-34412000-1402853270.jpg

...well, I asked for it.

• Like 13

My little uns face this evening after blowing over £100 of his 10 birthday money ....

I suppose he wouldn't have earned any interest by sticking it in a bank account. Not at the moment, anyway.

Edited by Horsetan

This current US TV ad (in New York area advertising “no cable, cable”)  is as weird as it is funny:

The whole slate of those ads (there are at least three more, others featuring the marionette wife, father-in-law and son) are off beat and more than a bit creepy.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

The Rijksmuseum museum in Holland had an idea: Let's bring the art to the people and then, hopefully, they will come to see more - at the museum. They took one Rembrandt painting from 1642, Night Watch and brought to life the characters in it, placed them in a busy mall and the rest you can see for yourself!

BEFORE YOU CLICK on the link below.....take a good look at the painting

http://www.youtube.com/embed/a6W2ZMpsxhg?feature=player_embedded

post-18971-0-05331200-1403568923.jpg

• Like 10

These gems are apparently used in sausage manufacture.  Why would you need to import ar&eholes from the US, haven't we got enough of our own in Westminster...........................

post-312-0-82955400-1403603193.jpg