The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Who said  Americans don't do irony..............................

attachicon.gifirony.jpg

63ft ahead is someone looking for another job! A great opportunity for someone to ring up, since there is a vacancy. But at least its still upright!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/inner-south/truck-stuck-under-bridge-on-city-rd-in-south-melbourne/news-story/470fe71b6bb0caef6a7318cdf492f033

That bridge is a regular target & is at an angle, so dangerous for cars/pedestrians on the left.

• Like 1

Somehow there seems to be something appropriate in the body text under the headline

BIKIES PROBED AS BULLETS FLY AT STRIP CLUB

Fears of tit-for-tat violence have emerged after a bouncer was shot outside a strip club,

Edited by shortliner

I recall a visit to the beautiful island of Grenada a few years ago when we visited a small cafe on the edge of the rainforest in the middle of the island.  I noticed an item on the menu, "Hunter's Pot".  As a dedicated carnivore, I ordered it and persisted in the face of warnings from the waitress that it was for the locals and not visitors.  A delicious stew arrived which I enjoyed, although the bones were relatively small and a bit sharp in places.  I was asked if I had any idea what I had just eaten and confessed that I could not identify the meat.  To my relief, it turned out to be possum, rather than dog or cat or anything else that had crossed my mind.  Today I'm wearing a nice warm sweater, purchased in New Zealand, which is made from a mixture of Merino and Possum fibres.  I always think of that meal when I wear this sweater . . .

Stan

• RMweb Premium

I seriously Doubt that's a Scotsman:

The belt goes round the waist (top edge of kilt) not through the back of a sporran,

The sporran hangs from it's own belt /chain somewhat lower.

The sporran chain /belt goes through the loops one of which is that is seen hanging over the belt.

But Worst of all  HE's WEARING THE KILT BACKWARDS.

The pleats go round the back the flat apron is worn in front.

The Tartan I believe is the Black Watch AKA Government AKA Campbell tartan and is one that is considered by some as a universal tartan that can be worn by all.

More appropriately he should have been wearing the Scottish Wild Cat Tartan created to raise money to Conserve the Scottish Wildcat. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=scottish+wildcat+tartan&hl=en-GB&rlz=1T4GGHP_en-GBGB595GB595&tbm=isch&imgil=i2dobY561G24HM%253A%253BL1VeiCso7n21iM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.xmarksthescot.com%25252Fforum%25252Fshowthread.php%25253Ft%2525253D87763&source=iu&pf=m&fir=i2dobY561G24HM%253A%252CL1VeiCso7n21iM%252C_&biw=1920&bih=1021&usg=__mufyEy2ntTyUnGifNYuU3244h3k%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjz4a-G1JnKAhUGfRoKHTIpAXoQyjcILg&ei=aGCPVvONBIb6abLShNAH#imgrc=i2dobY561G24HM%3A&usg=__mufyEy2ntTyUnGifNYuU3244h3k%3D

Edited by TheQ