toad brake van veranda

I recently bought a old Lima O gauge toad brake van. I am repainting it and detailing it.

Does any one have photos of the interior of the veranda, or if anyone works on a preserved railway with one could they grab some photos for me? There are none in Scotland so I can't do it myself. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi All,

The other side of the verandah from Buffalo's picture has a central door with a long sander operating lever on the right as you look at it with the pivot near the roof.

This was a fairly standard set up except for the fitted toads and on those the vacuum cylinder was fitted between the two sander boxes, behind the handbrake column at the rear end of the vehicle (therefore no rear bench) and to the left as you look at the door was a bake setter with a pipe running down through the floor. There weren't too many of these Toad As though...

All the best,

Castle

thanks for all the replies here are some work in progress photos

the body has been painted still to add wire handrails

DSCF4816-M.jpg

I removed the chimney from the roof and replaced it with a new one made from the straw that comes with cans of wd40

DSCF4813-M.jpg

I made the bench at the end out of plasticard I have still to add the sand boxes the hand brake was made from a cut down cotton bud and a cut down paperclip. i have added window bars and glazing the sander leaver was made from a bit of wire

DSCF4818-M.jpg

DSCF4808-M.jpg

Archived