8 plank wagons

DapolDave

Hi everyone,

just a quick note to say we have now formally announced our new 8 plank wagons, whcih, we believe feature a raft of detail not seen before on a wagon of this type for the UK market.

pictures of the pre-production models are on our web site now (please note they are pre-production, and as such the bowed sides are part of that process and are corrected in production samples).

www.Dapol.co.uk for details.

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to flip that picture on the front page as the brake lever is going left instead of right..

Are you able to mould those sides convex from the start so they don't bow inwards? No problems if you corrected them. Its something I do when building kit examples in 4mm but you can't fix 4mm Bachmann wagons that have already bowed without filling the insides.

I assume the new moulding 4mm ones are coming to a similar standard?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

A quick 'heads up' for you on this project.

The first 3 decorated 8 plank wagons are in the shops in the next few days along with the Pendolino type Mk3 coaches.

The second 3 are due for release in the next 30 or so days, then we release our new end opening 8plank about 30 days after that in 3 decorations.

Just a quick note to let people know, these wagons have the highest specification of any 8 plank wagon in N guge, including NEM coupling pockets, 7.4mm back to back measurements, RP25.72 wheel sets, see through wheels, turned brass buffers, separate brake rigging and hangers, fully moulded interior and a RRP price of approximately ??6.50

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

• RMweb Gold

Am I being particulalry churlish when I say that I had to read through to the penultimate entry here to discover the product is N scale? None the worse for that, of course, but it helps if such announcements include the scale in the heading, perhaps? "New N scale 8-plank wagon" would ensure max interest, surely?

Am I being particulalry churlish when I say that I had to read through to the penultimate entry here to discover the product is N scale? None the worse for that, of course, but it helps if such announcements include the scale in the heading, perhaps? "New N scale 8-plank wagon" would ensure max interest, surely?

I'll echo that comment especially as Dapol have announced 4mm PO Coal Wagons which were on display at Warley.

Richard

Archived