How far can I take modeller's license before it starts to get stupid?

MattWallace

• RMweb Premium

Pretty sure Deltics did appear on the West Highland on excursions/specials--at RA5 they were within the route limitations. Same bogies as a Class 37 and not as heavy!

IIRC a Glasgow-Edinburgh Mk3 push-pull set was used as the on-train PA was to be used to commentate on the tour. (Very few trains had PA systems back then) The only available ETH fitted loco with suitable RA availability was a D*lt*c.

Cheers,

Mick

If you are wanting to recreate an intermodal terminal with small size but many FOCs then the potter group and more recent widnes terminal are the perfect example. A road based reach stacker would be as prototypical as a gantry crane. Reach stackers are available as simple push fit kits by kibri

Thanks, I'll look those yards up on Google Earth (unless anyone has an pictures? ;) )

• RMweb Gold

I have a preferred period for my 4mm modelling of the S&C, Midland post WW1, so that's what I normally run.

However I do have a collection of "Modern Image" and BR steam, when the mood takes me I run the Midland stock on the up line and the other stock on the down line.

Not very prototypical but I enjoy it for a change.

If anyone comments on it I mention the space/time discontinuities around Leeds and Carlisle.

David

Archived