Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Mansfield Exhibition

RANGERS

• RMweb Gold

Cheers, I do try cool.gif

I promise Summat Colliery will NOT be appearing next year, although another committee member is building a layout and there is an idea of making Summat 360 deg with a receiving powerstation on the other face ........

I've been asked by a member to bring my laptop/Lokprogrammer as he want a couple more Loksound decoders blowing with my class 14 sounds, so if anyone else want's one, bring a decoder and I'll blow it for a tenner. The class 14 will also be there (with cab raised to let the sound out - I've not had chance to better fit the speaker, holidays you know!)

• RMweb Gold

Well we had our final meeting last night in readiness for the weekend, we seem to have most of the bases covered, plenty of clearing up to do in the rooms before everyone starts to set-up on Friday afternoon, but hey ho!

Layout badges/plaques should be ready today so must remember to pick them up on my way home

Now to start thinking about next year blink.gif

So, come along everyone who can make it, tell your friends and family and help to make the Second Mansfield Show every bit as good as last year!

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian,

Looking forward to the exhibition. N-gauge Wold's end will be there!

A little daunted as it's the first outings for both of the Wold's End layouts.

I hope they go down well..wish I'd not seen the 'exhibitions a punters view' or the 'exhibitions an exhibitors view' topics!!

Makes me rather worried that there won't be enough action, layout not good enough, wrong mix and match of rolling stock!!

Both layouts almost ready:-

post-6745-12712486264_thumb.jpg

post-6745-127124820992_thumb.jpg

Lets hope it's as good as last year, see you Saturday Morning!

Cheers

Ian

Well we had our final meeting last night in readiness for the weekend, we seem to have most of the bases covered, plenty of clearing up to do in the rooms before everyone starts to set-up on Friday afternoon, but hey ho!

Layout badges/plaques should be ready today so must remember to pick them up on my way home

Now to start thinking about next year blink.gif

So, come along everyone who can make it, tell your friends and family and help to make the Second Mansfield Show every bit as good as last year!

• RMweb Gold

Don't worry about stock on the N gauge version, you are right next to Total N Gauge laugh.gif

I'm sure that the combination of detail you have added to both layouts and the Me/Mini Me USP will ensure that you will have loads of punters

Quick note for all RMweb exhibitors - venue will be open from 5pm until 9pm (at the LATEST) on Friday and from 7:30 ish, 8am at the latest on the Saturday morning, get in early on Saturday if you can, get set up and relax with a bacon buttie before doors open cool.gif

• RMweb Gold

Right, that's me just about set.

New block cut-outs wired in, so each of the main boards are protected by their own cut-out and the accessory decoders are wired direct to the DCC bus.

Backs of the backscenes painted with blackboard paint so we can chalk up the running roster on the day!

Jobs for tonight:

Functional test of all that wiring blink.gif

Re program all the locos with clearer two digit addresses to make for easier keying on the PowerCab - diesels will be first two digits of the appropriate TOPS code (20, 14, 15, DELTIC will stay as #1) Steamies will have first two digits of the number (90, 92, 93, 73, 48 (Stanier 8F), shunters will be 49 and 50 (Harry))

Wheel cleaning and lubrication.

Quite a lot to do and then it's set-up tomorrow evening.

MUST pick up the layout badges today on my way home rolleyes.gif

• RMweb Gold

That's me all done!

Layout tested AOK, love the way I can now run a loco against a facing point set against it, loco stops on the short (of course!) indicator light goes on at rear board edge to inform, change point with DCC handset and loco carries on biggrin.gif from a punter's point of view it will just look like the loco meant to stop waiting for the fireman/shunter to change the point laugh.gif especially if another loco is running fine on the other board .....

All locos reprogrammed to more PowerCab friendly two digit addresses and given a run/wheel clean.

I'm tarting around with the Standard Eight today, adding glazing with Humbrol ClearFix, then it's load up the car and round to the venue for 5 ish.

Those of you who might want a class 14 sound chip - don't forget to bring one along and I'll re-blow it for a tenner ......

• RMweb Gold

Lucky you!!

Still making some final adjustments....good job I booked the day off!

Will be buying a couple of locos, 2 Class 153's one for OO and one for N.

This making two layouts the same is costing a fortune, I'm sure a shop came up with the idea rolleyes.gif

So Trains4U and totally N-gauge have already sold some locos!

I have the N-gauge class 55 Deltic making an appearance, I should really get one for the OO layout but not at the silly rip off prices they are going for on ebay!

The final items will be for the Class 121 to come out from Dapol and my N-gauge Class 24 to be heavily modified, then I will have the same rolling stock on both layouts.

Hopefully by the time those two are ready I will have saved enough to pay for them.

Is there enough room for me to have a small table behind me for quick rolling stock change, changed the run order to keep things moving a little better.

Cheers

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Is there enough room for me to have a small table behind me for quick rolling stock change, changed the run order to keep things moving a little better.

Cheers

Ian

yep, as long as we can shift the ton of junk that currently occupies the corner you are in rolleyes.gif

I do have a Deltic Prototype for sale, team that up with the Bachmann/Farish version when it comes out .......

• RMweb Gold

You still have the Lima Deltic?

Oh no, hang on just running after my wallet unsure.gif

I already have an N-gauge version that Ian at Mercig Studios converted for me from the KOYLI:-

DELTICDP1024resized.jpg

Makes sense to have another converted one.......don't you think wink.gif

yep, as long as we can shift the ton of junk that currently occupies the corner you are in rolleyes.gif

I do have a Deltic Prototype for sale, team that up with the Bachmann/Farish version when it comes out .......

• RMweb Gold

One busy evening over, loads of layouts and traders already set up. Westwood park is looking monstrous in the main lounge, Summat Colliery all set up and working.

Just Trains4U, Fork's Trestle, Severn Raod, Stockwell Road, Pilot Road and the Wold's Ends to come in the morning.

Should be a good one biggrin.gif

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning Mansfield!

final loading up done (including three massive tray bake cakes from SWMBO). Will be popping over to the venue in 15 mins ready for all you lot to turn up.

Sun is shining, should be a good day biggrin.gif

Thanks to Ian for organising the show again, makes a change not to drive far.Enjoyed a couple of hours today looking round the layouts, talking with Ian, Dave and others. Nice to see some of the layouts off here in the flesh. Masons Pilot Road boxfiles, and tractions? Wolds End were a real pleasure to see. Spent some money at three of the traders there so well worth me going. Hope it'l be back again next year.

Tom

• RMweb Gold

Well shucks, thanks, but I'm just one of six people on the committee who all did our part wink.gif

I took some pics today but frankly they were rubbish. SWMBO will be there tomorrow with her proper camera so I should have some good photos to post tomorrow evening.

Thanks to all that attended, nice to see so many familiar faces. There seemed to be an unoffical RMweb meeting point at Gareth's stand, maybe I should get my tea delivered there tomorrow laugh.gif laugh.gif

Westwood Park is stunning, and my wallet is quivering at the prospect of a RedgateModels foray into O gauge. Not helped by K&M models offering to offload his track at a knock down rate .....

Roll on tomorrow biggrin.gif

One busy evening over, loads of layouts and traders already set up. Westwood park is looking monstrous in the main lounge, Summat Colliery all set up and working.

Just Trains4U, Fork's Trestle, Severn Raod, Stockwell Road, Pilot Road and the Wold's Ends to come in the morning.

Should be a good one biggrin.gif

Hmmmm...

steve (Who turned up this morning with Duncan's Mine :D )

• RMweb Premium

Ready for Day #2,

looks like another sunny day !

Nice, friendly little show guys. Have not ventured into Mansfield for a v. long time so enjoyed the little look around. Should have taken time to explore the viaduct but needed to get home for mid afternoon. Seemed a bit quiet today (Sunday)? Hope you still made some dosh for the club?

Enjoyed seeing Summat by the way. :)

Thanks for all your efforts.

Sincerely 36E

• RMweb Premium

I was there this afternoon, good show but very quiet indeed. Could this be something to do with there being two other shows within 20 miles or so (Belper and Bingham) the same weekend?

Didn't even know about the Bingham one. Maybe I'm not looking at enough model stuff? Didn't the Bingham Club lose all their stuff in a fire last year?

36E

• RMweb Gold

Well had a really good show, not as many people as last year but still very good.

Very surprised at how many people missed that the two layouts were the same until I pointed it out.

I hope money was raised, even with the lower turnout, still a very good show.

Thanks for inviting me again.

Oh and Bingham exhibition is on next weekend.

Cheers

Ian

Archived