Class 70 "Predator"

Hi,

I've heard people saying that they sound like the 'TIE' fighters from Star Wars, so perhas that could be their nickname.

Or, contiuning with the Star Wars theme, what about 'Vaders' because they did look abit like Dath Vader (well that's what I think!)

Simon

Hi,

I've heard people saying that they sound like the 'TIE' fighters from Star Wars, so perhas that could be their nickname.

Simon

LOL laugh.gif I thought I was the only one who'd mentioned that. Well, say it enough times, I guess....biggrin.gif

And please Mr Bachmann may we have an N gauge version under the the Farish banner

please??

Oh but they are biggrin.gif

???PowerHaul??™ models will be included in the 2010 Branchline and Graham Farish ranges.

cheers

jo

...contiuning with the Star Wars theme, what about 'Vaders' because they did look abit like Dath Vader (well that's what I think!)

Simon

The Gatwick units (460s?) are already known as Vaders.

I only had to read the Topic Title and I thought "yeah, that fits...!!" laugh.gif

I think you may have just come up with the nickname that'll stick, there, C.R., unless it's already in use and I didn't know.?!?!

"Predator" was first mentioned in Rail Express Modeller - I thought it was an excellent description....

I think Bettys is an amusing a clever name for them, but thanks to various mags calling them predator, I expect that name will stick. Shame really..

The Predator one is funnier to my mind, if you get the reference (and no, it doesn't look like a Predator...).

• 2 weeks later...

ewsjo where did you get the drawing in your signature? and have you got a roof drawing to go with it?

No roof shot I'm afraid - I did the drawing myself, lack of detailed roof shots at the moment. The one here is just a general arrangement to show the stickk-out bits. I did try to get snaps, but it was too dull to get sharp clear shots as 70003 raced under me. I must add a line here to say there is a chance of some innacuracies, due to the lack of official Freightliner or GE documentation

117ogb.jpg

http://josforumpiccies.fotopic.net/p62506667.html

cheers

jo

Archived