Tonbridge West Yard LED Signalling?

lucazone

• RMweb Gold

There has been recent developments to reinstate various tracks in the yard to bring it back up to capacity. On a short visit yesterday, I spotted the below setup.

Whats going on here then?

Signal sighting for by a mother & toddler group? (And the middle one looks to be a bit tight on the Fouling Point even allowing for long lens foreshortening.)

Looks to me like a test set up and will possibly have different elements added and removed - as well as being used to train some staff for instalation ..

We are supposed to be getting these VPL signals at Dartford Jnc at some point in the near future - so It might have some thing to do with that as well

we have a couple of their Banner repeaters up, the approch to Hayes ( Kent ) and On the Down North Kent Line before Blackheath Tunnel, they give a purer 'white' light and are much more tightly focused - directionally - as well.

HTH

Mike

Possibly a test installation, or training I am beginning to believe. There is little chance they can be installing them in the yard. The location is surrounded by manual junctions and it is a long way from the connection to the mainline.

24 hours later and we have the below update. With the telephoto shot, it dawned on me, what is in the background. These signals could be in preparation to replace those in the background on the Redhill line, once all these yard upgrades have been completed.

post-7636-0-03862600-1351603871_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Possibly a test installation, or training I am beginning to believe. There is little chance they can be installing them in the yard. The location is surrounded by manual junctions and it is a long way from the connection to the mainline.

24 hours later and we have the below update. With the telephoto shot, it dawned on me, what is in the background. These signals could be in preparation to replace those in the background on the Redhill line, once all these yard upgrades have been completed.

Which makes it look much more like a comparison of styles of head appearance than anything else? If they are so thin I wonder what they would be like in a strong wind - hardly expecting hurricanes in Kent I know but they surely still need a fair bit of rigidity to resist wind pressure bending or even 'removing' them?

Archived