Stalling on Seep frog

55F

Seep motors installed on some twenty five Peco Electrofrog points [and wired appropriately].

At a couple of points there is a tendency for the loco to stall [intermittently] on the frog. Repeatedly switching the motor usually clears the problem and restores the electrical connection but then a subsequent change of the point direction may cause a recurrence of the problem.

I assume it is a sticking switch in the motor.......has any body else experienced this and more to the point [!] has anyone found a solution?

• RMweb Gold

The problem only occurs with the point in one position but the other is always ok I'll bet?

Normally caused by the motor not being centred exactly on the point. With the motor one way the switch is still in the central "off" position. Adjust the motor location under the point so that the switch makes contact both ways every time.

Andi

I installed the motors using Velcro [recommended on here] and which I found to be a simple method. On completion everything worked, only when I subsequently put the screws in did the odd problem occur, so that would confirm your idea Mike. I like Chris's suggestion about lubrication and I shall pursue that one.

Thanks for your input guys.

• RMweb Gold

I installed the motors using Velcro [recommended on here] and which I found to be a simple method. On completion everything worked, only when I subsequently put the screws in did the odd problem occur, so that would confirm your idea Mike. I like Chris's suggestion about lubrication and I shall pursue that one.

Thanks for your input guys.

The spray I use is the Maplins Servisol which- I think- is effectively IPA in a can rather than a lubricant

The spray I use is the Maplins Servisol which- I think- is effectively IPA in a can rather than a lubricant

and I don't mean the beer either...

Archived